Clogged up cases?

Mike6.5

Hi

After cleaning 50 x cases in the ultrasonic cleaner I let them dry on a heater over night and then put the shells in a media tumbler just to give them a shine.

With completion of tumbling I started to empty the media from the cases but its taking me a good 5 minuets to achieve this as the media has clogged up inside the case.

Does anyone know of a farter way of getting the media out of the cases??

Cheers

Mike

Sounds like the cases were not fully dry before putting into the tumbler, this caused the media to soak up small quantities of water and clump up.

Cheers

Dave

as Dave has said they were wet when you tumbled them, the easiest way is to resonic clean them the dry then vibrate or if you like post them to me and ill stainless clean em for you.

What you charging to stainless tumble brass Mark might get mine done aswell as Anealing by Ackley

Yea Ackleys got the same machines as me both stainless and annealer

dont use a tumbler now only stainless cleans

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Spud for cleaning the 260rem cases in the SS tumbler I received them today via royal mail…Awesome job I thought they were done for as the media was well clogged up!!

I would be interested in purchasing a SS tumbler of my own but the Postage from the US is outrageous.

Thanks again Spud

Mike

Thank you Spud for cleaning the 260rem cases in the SS tumbler I received them today via royal mail…Awesome job I thought they were done for as the media was well clogged up!!

I would be interested in purchasing a SS tumbler of my own but the Postage from the US is outrageous.

Thanks again Spud

Mike

Mike.... Just received my SS Media & Tumbler and used it for the first time yesterday. I agree your comment about the postage BUT the thing works like a dream AND the primer pockets come up clean (hate that chore normally!).... expensive but hopefully good value long term....AND VERY SHINY cases!

DaveT

Archived