KG1 Carbon remover?

Ronin

thanks for the clarification. I know english is not my maiden language, but I hope I did not convey in any of my previous messages that I am using 'CornBread's' method of gun cleaning! Indeed I use the carbon cleaners first, flush the barrel clean after the application, with some KG3 or Break Cleaner and then apply the copper remover. Did I get something wrong?

Best wishes,

Finman

Finman

no you did not get anything wrong, I just wanted people to know that the M Pro7 is really a two stage system (which is why it works for me better than "one bottle" cleaners)

But to use it most effectively, you have to follow the instructions.

I hope it works for you when you get hold of some :lol:

Finman

no you did not get anything wrong, I just wanted people to know that the M Pro7 is really a two stage system (which is why it works for me better than "one bottle" cleaners)

But to use it most effectively, you have to follow the instructions.

I hope it works for you when you get hold of some :lol:

hi all

i use KG1 and have found it to be excellent, infarct as a carbon cleaner i have yet to find one that beats it.(but I'm sure there is one out there) i don't like the copper cleaner from KG as it is, (1 )very messy (2)does not show any signs of copper on the patch, so you don't know if it is shifting the copper in your barrel. And(3) the dam stuff just roles of your patch,it dam right refuse to stay on your patch unless you massage it in to the patch.

so for copper i use butchers bore shine, and Barns CR10

ATB

Colin :lol:

Ronin: Phew! I thought I was getting senile!!

Colin: indeed KG12 is a bugger to get into a patch and I use a bottle cap as a receptacle where I place a small quantity of fluid and then stuff 2-3 patches into it to soak them before I use them. The problem that you cannot see copper on the patch, is indeed rather annoying and lets you wonder whether you did shift any of the stuff or not. Although, that said, after soaking and brushing the bore, the first patch comes out decidedly dirtier looking than the following ones so that may be the copper on it.

What I found is that it takes a fraction of the time to shift the copper when compared to shifting the carbon. And, as you say in your message, KG1 will continue cleaning when others will be showing clear patches. Perhaps that is why some fellow members of the list may consider their cleaner better. In their instruction sheet, KG states that their products should not be used in conjunction with other products that may contain ammonia. Hence, I have not used any copper removers that may contain the stuff and that is why I am very much interested in the product Ronin introduced to the list through his thorough testing.

Best wishes,

Finman

Guest 308Panther

Sometime back some one posted a pic of

a bore cleaner/solvent that ate thru the metal can.

Anyone remember this?

I cant remember the product or what it was.

308Panther

Guest 308Panther
I think it was Colin and the product was KG if i'm not mistaken

Thats what I thought too,Thats why I asked.

Doing a keyword search on the board for "KG and KG Products"

gets me an error or nothing found page.

But it most definately was one of them products to be used with

a certain amount of discretion.

If it eats the can...imagine what its doing to your barrel.

I'll give him a pm and see.

308Panther

Panther

it was KG12 and was posted by Sako (sorry Colin), the report can be found on page 3 of General Discussion :http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1027

Although the picture seems to be missing.

Panther

it was KG12 and was posted by Sako (sorry Colin), the report can be found on page 3 of General Discussion :http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1027

hi ronin

the bottle was plastic, and was the one it came in

ATB

Colin ;)

Guest 308Panther
Panther

hi ronin

the bottle was plastic, and was the one it came in

ATB

Colin ;)

Thanks Guys...

Just somethin about KG12 stuck in my head...

But for some reason I thought it was a metal spray can.

mighta been the other containers in the pic...and it did make quite the mess.

I have had very good luck with Hoppes No.9

Used it for years,and I like the smell too...

Now, if I could only get Angel to wear a dab of it. ;)

308Panther

Archived