Anyone have experience of Stealth cameras

Guys,

Do any of you have experience with stealth cameras??????

What makes a good one and what do they cost-where from.

I have some land that needs monitoring for wildlife and thieving gypsy scum bags too-what is most suitable.

I have heard that some of them can be set to text your phone with a photy of the animal as it passes by-how neat would that be??

What have you got set up??

Thanks in advance

Reecy :ph34r::ph34r:

Guys,

Do any of you have experience with stealth cameras??????

What makes a good one and what do they cost-where from.

I have some land that needs monitoring for wildlife and thieving gypsy scum bags too-what is most suitable.

I have heard that some of them can be set to text your phone with a photy of the animal as it passes by-how neat would that be??

What have you got set up??

Thanks in advance

Reecy :ph34r::ph34r:

I run a couple of these for fox detection, the problem is that the infrared gives of a small amount of light, the more expensive models have a very low light emmission and the foxes take no notice. A gypo will see it and have it away with your £200 camera.!!!

You can get models where it will send a MMS to your phone or IT set up but this is no good if its a piekee smoking a fag driving up the M1 !

I run a couple of these for fox detection, the problem is that the infrared gives of a small amount of light, the more expensive models have a very low light emmission and the foxes take no notice. A gypo will see it and have it away with your £200 camera.!!!

You can get models where it will send a MMS to your phone or IT set up but this is no good if its a piekee smoking a fag driving up the M1 !

I think Bushnell now do a model that uses "black" light and is totally covert but at around £300 I still wouldn't fancy leaving it out!

I think Bushnell now do a model that uses "black" light and is totally covert but at around £300 I still wouldn't fancy leaving it out!

Yes there is a new model with "black" light but as yet I haven't had the oportunity to road test the sample in the shop, one downside of it is size, it takes 12 AA batteries instead of the usual 8.

A bear safe is avalible for about £49, although I think it would sell better if the importers called it a "Pikey" safe! :)

The newer model also has sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there is a new model with "black" light but as yet I haven't had the oportunity to road test the sample in the shop, one downside of it is size, it takes 12 AA batteries instead of the usual 8.

A bear safe is avalible for about £49, although I think it would sell better if the importers called it a "Pikey" safe! :)

The newer model also has sound.

I use two of the bushnell types and found them pretty good I must say, they do everything I ask.

I use them in the loft and outside and the clarity is pretty good.

I try to hang / fix them out of harms way up a tree or on a building to deter theft.

Touchwood haven't lost one yet (fingers crossed )

I have one can't remember the model but it is an infra red one i.e. no flash. Good pictures the red light emitted in the dark does not frighten deer or badgers off as i have some cracking shots.

The one thing wrong with mine is when set up it is a bit of a guess as to field of view as there is no viewfinder or easy way to take a picture and look at it.

I run a separate power battery on a plug which is the same as my lamping battery. Usual batteries are a waste and this one will last best part of a week.

Interesting on its own as things you weren't aware of come to light. Found the best way of bringing deer in is the scent and organs of another deer. Was expecting foxes but didn't happen and the deet shots were very clear and close.

Have a couple bushnell cams latest with the black filter...

They are ok if you want to see what is around.

Supposedly 8mp but with horrendous jpg compression and a really slow shutter speed.

Pictures at my friends web site Turvey Stalking will give you an idea.

As aitkenD said, shutter speed is an issue on mine also. Walking pace and less gives blurred images so it might be worth looking at this part of the spec if comparing a few models. ;)

Archived