6.5X47 BOLT FACE

garyw

WHAT bolt face is needed for the 6.5x47?i have a nesika br action could this be used?

looking at all the posts about the 6.5 variants versus .260rem and not knowing a great deal about them makes for intresting reading.looking for a rifle for long range varmint bashing and possibly target work.im looking to join the big boys at diggle to have a go at 300-600yds just filling in my membership form this weekend.

thanks for any replies.

.473" bolt face for the "47"

Limited to 130grain bullets in the 47 wheras you could go up to 140 grain with the 260.

For target work I think the more efficient 47 has the edge.

Guest richness

In short yes mate you could as they all use a 308 bolt face,,,,

Go and have a look at 6.5 load development

Darrel

Yep great cal. Hellish strong brass. Respond well to RL17 IMO and that gets you great velocities.

Problem with 260 is only that you need a long throat to be able to seat the 140class heads far enough out of the case to get full powder capacity - this is easily fixed by the smith building the rifle for you.

Have fun mate! :)

thanks fellas,im looking at rebarreling the .22br to 6.5x 47 saves getting another action as the .22br hasnt seen much daylight since i got the 6ppc-or i could buy something 2nd hand that may be for sale .looking at getting into long range stuff and joining diggle filled in the forms today and got the photos-christ i look like im on the run in the photos. meeting mr.fox on wed at diggle with a mate to look at some of brians toys :) :)

Garyw.

I suspect that the port on your Nesika "J" Action will be too small for the loaded cartridge length of the 6.5x47. Others on the Forum may correct me but i suggest you check it out before you commit. :)

Nick.

Archived