trimming .204 brass **help**

griffshrek

Hello gents, what are you guys using to trim your .204 brass back to size. for my .243&.308 i am using one of the Lee hand trimmers but cant find one for the .204

regards....neil

Hi Neil,

I use a RCBS electric case trimmer and a Lyman hand trimmer. For both I have made .20 pilots out of silver steel. These are easy to make by anyone with access to a lathe and a modicum of metalworking ability. Unfortunately, the Lee cutter is too large to handle the small neck of the .204,

Best regards

Alan

Hello gents, what are you guys using to trim your .204 brass back to size. for my .243&.308 i am using one of the Lee hand trimmers but cant find one for the .204

regards....neil

I use a Wilson, and you can buy the chambers for it with no problem...

That works Neil. Its what i did with my first rifle in .204. I had to neck down and fireform the cases from .222 mag because there were no .204 available then.

Gents do any of you know where i could get a .222 Mag case length gauge .My plan "A" may be out the window as .222 Mag case length gauges seem as rare as rocking horse s**t . Plan "B" may be one for a 22-250 reduce diameter and make a bit shorter

Archived