The girly .243

Guest Sprags

I had a zeroing session today on my land and found the .243 with 58grain V-MAX was very accurate, sorry, no pics of the target used as I didnt want to embarrass the the target guys with my 'paint tin lid' target :blink: The bullseye was a small lump of mud about the size of a 10p piece stuck to the lid :blink:

Anyway, it grouped very well, 5 shots all within an inch @ 100yds, now that may be crap for some folk but it's ok for me!!

Remmy243.jpg

Regards,Sprags!!

Well done pard, and I like your thinking, I too am happy with a group under an inch. If it's less than an inch at 100 it will still be fine at 200, and if you are like me and out lamping a lot then how often do you shoot at a fox past 200yds in the dark. I will never take a shot of let anyone I shoot with take a shot after dark at more than that range, Even with the best lights on the market at ranges past 200yds you are focused on the target and you do not see all that is behind the target so how can you be sure it's safe. And before you guys jump down my neck about the safety issue, I have seen it first hand with expireanced riflemen that have shot at a so called fox to find out it was a cat, sheep, deer or someones dog.

Good on you for being happy with your groups I think to many folks get carried away with wanting to shoot one hole groups and yet never shoot competions. I take my hat off to those that can but me personally don't see the point just to shoot a rabbit or fox etc. But I dare say there are plenty out there that will tell me I am wrong so I will go get my flack jacket and helmet. :blink:

Hi guys.

I`ve run stalkers shoots for many,many years and believe me very few people manage to score 30/30 on the standard grouping target at 100 yards. [1 inch bullseye.]

I have scores and records going back many years.

It is better though to shoot on a standard target as these can be kept for future reference when developing loads.

As `shooting bags` says the 75gr V.Max shoots well in his Sako, it does well in mine too, also with the 68gr Berger.

I have also tried the 75gr HP Speer recently, it too does a grand job.

HWH.

Guest 308Panther

Nothing wrong with a huntin rifle that groups moa.

Its in the past 3-5 years that many commercial rifle makers

have been uppin the bar on accuracy claims...Some even guarantee sub moa.

Many many huntin rifles will group 1.5 moa or worse.And most manufactures

feel 1.5 moa is acceptable for a hunting rifle.

You dont need a rifle to shoot the .1's or .2's to drop critters.

But its fun when they do.

308Panther

Nothing wrong with a huntin rifle that groups moa.

Its in the past 3-5 years that many commercial rifle makers

have been uppin the bar on accuracy claims...Some even guarantee sub moa.

Many many huntin rifles will group 1.5 moa or worse.And most manufactures

feel 1.5 moa is acceptable for a hunting rifle.

You dont need a rifle to shoot the .1's or .2's to drop critters.

But its fun when they do.

308Panther

I know rifles are capable of some serious accurate grouping, some more than others I know, but I was chuffed to bits to say the least that I had acheived it. Maintaining it is the key from now on :blink:

Like you say Panther you dont need sub MOA groups to drop foxes at sensible ranges!!

Regards,Sprags!!

Respectable grouping Sprags, i think C,H has some very valid points in his comments,i know one shooter that came out on the lamp now i could see it was a cat he was looking at but he wasnt convinced so he waited a little as it was responding to the call, suprise suprise a cat showed up,i think if he had been by himself there would be one dead cat

Archived