Night vision Foxing

sir-slots-alot

Hi Gents.

I have been away this week - Getting home yesterday.

Checking the answer machine , there was a couple of messages from farmers asking me to sort out the foxes.

So cancelling the meal with the wife ( that we'd planned ) , I grabbed my trusty Tikka 223 and left the Mrs, Googling " Divorce solicitors"

Anyway - My rifle has a 6-24 day scope fitted , I also took along my 6 mag NV scope for good measure.

Arriving at the fields - I scattered a couple of dead partridge which the farmer had given me , along a side of a wood ( where the bird pens are located )

Just before darkness , a familiar figure crept out from the wood - The fox stood there , sniffing the air and skanning the field cautiously.

This give me time to lock the cross hairs just behind its front leg and touch off . The 53 grn Vmax found its mark.

With the light fading fast - I swapped over to my 6 mag Hypergen scope fitted with a video camera. Hopefully to capture the nights shooting.

Before I setting out - A quick shot on paper confirmed it was still zero'd.

The evening ended with 6 less foxes ( although I saw at leat 12 )

Here is a few of the high lights from the evening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1bw0HUjdUE

Cheers me Dears

Alan

Another good night Alan-what nv unit are you using is it the same one we had a go with?

greta to see the big head lights on charlie when hes close,iget that with my add on whats the cure for that?is it too much illumination?

Buy some flowers mate.................and make amends.

ATB Steve

Called at a 24 hr garage on way home - got wifey some choccys - crisis over ... Lol

Was a good night out - 6 fox for 6 shots. The farmer was well happy when he was told.

Gaz - Yes mate the same scope - had it serviced recently - working great now, ATB Al

Rob ( LRC ) - Pretty good , not top end gen 3 good - but good enough to ID foxes further than I can shoot them.

Ronny - I have shot this about 240 yards - but the fox look small at that range - I try to get them in much closer if I can - usually below 150 yrds.

Thanks for posting lads

ATB

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

As ever alan a really good video. I like the badgers squarring up to each other, they do make me chuckle watching their fat arses running around. :lol: Sometimes it's nice just to see nature, even if i don't manage to shoot much.

Archived