Design your own stock

dorg

As some of you will know I am playing with making laminated stocks, after speaking with Dannyt last night I wondered if anyone fancied shaping their own stock, I could then copy in a very nice laminate when ready. The way it would work would be either you aquire an old stock or I could supply a beech blank semi profiled, you then shape and file, building any areas up with carbody filler until you are happy with the shape. I then copy it for you to final finish. Would this interest anyone. Cost to copy would be about £275.00 your thoughts please

from what ive seen of simons work , he can more or less copy any pattern

although and alpine stock does cause him to scratch his head

I must say Simons work is first claas ive seen his early stocks and i have no doubt he will be the best value in the uk bar none . I cannot wait for the rutland laminate to arrive.

This is a real break through for the uk at last and not before time.

Off the top of my head, purple/black, green/black, yellow/black, blue/black, pink/black, walnut/white, royal jacaranda and mountain camo. also american black walnut or plain birch ply to paint/duracoat. Any more of this and I will get wrong. Please pm me if want to know more.

Simon, as I understand laminate is denser than timber due to the bonding glue, at the other end of the weight spectrum can you provide the stock in synthetic to be really lightweight?

Cheers, K

Archived