Rifle Fitting Service

Krabryn

There seems to be little information around on custom stock fitting for rifle shooters. I have heard it said to just wrap oneself behind the stock! Then, at the other end of the spectrum I see Olympic small bore rifle shooters with seemingly infinitely adjustable stocks.

I take the view that if I am going to the time and trouble to commission a one off rifle build for deer stalking, then I need to find an expert in rifle stock measurement and fitting service. Thus, when I mount the rifle I shall know that I shall be instantly looking exactly down the centre line of sight of my Leupold Mk IV zoom scope. No need to move one’s neck and head around to find that optically perfect view, wasting precious time before being able to take the shot.

To whom in the UK should I turn to?

Gary Cane.

Make sure your wallet is full. Professional stock fitting, then making is not cheap.

Paul wilson up north is also excellent, and tends to work more in walnut.

Gary Cane.

Make sure your wallet is full. Professional stock fitting, then making is not cheap.

Paul wilson up north is also excellent, and tends to work more in walnut.

Another vote for Gary Cane,

I have got one of his laminate stocks and it fits like a glove, not cheap but worth every penny,

Nick

• 5 weeks later...

You could try Enda Walshe from gunstocks Ireland. Incredible workmanship. I use him all the time as does Callum Ferguson. He holds an RFD so he can organise everything.

Archived