Mr fox's day where numbered

sir-slots-alot

I had been asked to sort out a fox problem on one of the places I shoot.

The owner had a few hens - maybe a dozen or so. Recently a fox has killed over half of them.

6 were killed by the fox in one visit - yet it only took one..... Its days were numbered

It had been seen entering the field by the same route at roughly the same time.

This would be its downfall.

I decide that "baiting and Waiting " Mr fox would be the best approach.

This is how it went :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xXMrN6_4Lc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVLM5z1rsX4

ATB

Alan

ALAN good shooting as always-i love the bait and wait .iv been trying to catch up with a vixen that had a cub still tagging along side her for 2 weeks finally got a call to say it had been spotted on the edge of a wood that has pheasants in the pen.so tuesday went early and sprayed a little horse hoof bait out on a freshly drilled field about 80 yds from the wood and got set up with the pvs 14 and waited.i shot the vixen at about10.00 but no sign of the cub,went back thurs the cub was waiting for me!off he went never saw him again,until last night got there at 8.00 sprayed a little more bait and set up at, 9.30 approx a fox is sniffing the bait but this is no cub, so 20vmax for supper this was a nice dog fox i waited till 11.00 but no sign of the cub im assuming the dog fox has finally sent him packing thats why hes around,all this with BRAHAM PARK festival in the back ground this estate borders the park i could hear the music whilst waiting.

shot these with the good old 17rem.never fails.

What is horse hoof bait ?

Atb Steve

there are a few recipes on here if you search-its basically the soft inner or rotten pulp from horse hoof clippings boiled up for a few hours and left to go stinky in the sun,the batch i use at the moment i made up in january and has been rotting away in a pop bottle sat on the top of the dogs kennel in the sun i put it in a small spray bottle and a little squirt in areas where charlie is active is a magnet for them it wiil last for a fair few days if the weather is dry but this recent batch really stinks.

Thanks for all the comments Gents.

I knew it wouldn't be long before me and the fox crossed paths again.

In the first vid - I think it saw me move from camera to rifle.

Didn't make that mistake when we met again - I move back abit further and tucked myself in well.

I also used cat food - which helps to keep it there longer.

So a good result - Unfortunately - 2 more chickens where killed later that evening :wacko:

Probably a few foxes in the area paying the birds a nightly visit.

ATB

Alan

Archived