Using Iosso Brass Case Cleaner

Glensman

Has anyone any experience of this?

I used it last night, what I did was add some to my ultrasonic cleaner and some warm water and did 18 cases.

Afterwards the Iosso was stuck to the cases like grease. It took ages to clean it off and I'm pretty sure the insides of the cases are coated in the stuff!

What do you think?

Are you talking about the case cleaner or case polish??

The polish is thick like gaviscon and you just add a tablespoon to corncob media for the finishing polish but the case cleaner is a detergeant that you add to add to fouled cases to clean the carbon off.

I use it in a separate tumbler with the cases after they are fired to clean them before I start and case preparation for reloading. After im finished all of my triming and sizing etc then they are chucked into the media with the polish.

Garry

Are you talking about the case cleaner or case polish??

The polish is thick like gaviscon and you just add a tablespoon to corncob media for the finishing polish but the case cleaner is a detergeant that you add to add to fouled cases to clean the carbon off.

I use it in a separate tumbler with the cases after they are fired to clean them before I start and case preparation for reloading. After im finished all of my triming and sizing etc then they are chucked into the media with the polish.

Garry

It says on it that it is Cleaner.

But the stuff is thick and pink like gaviscon.

I watched a video and the stuff that guy was using was green and thin like bleach...

:huh:

Sounds like you should add it to tumbling media, not in a liquid ultrasonic bath.. :huh:

Not according to the instructions!

Unless they labelled the damn thing wrong and sent me polish by accident. It has all the properties of polish when I think about it...

hi

i agree with varmartin sounds like they,ve sent you the wrong stuff,defo to be added to media not ultrasonics hope it has,nt ruined your cases

best regards

Andy (dully1963)

Not according to the instructions!

Unless they labelled the damn thing wrong and sent me polish by accident. It has all the properties of polish when I think about it...

No, IMHO you do have the case cleaner.

I tried it in my sonic cleaner and abandoned the idea.

I believe it was designed to be used in a bucket without the sonics. It is fairly thick and I watered it down. It is strong. It will blacken your brass if you leave it too long. You also need to rinse the cases in cold clean water after the cleaning process to neutralise, or as I mentioned they will turn black over a few days.

I switched to Hornady One Shot and have never looked back. Use tap water to fill the cleaner and transmit the wave and a small ½ litre Pyrex (thin) beaker containing the mixture at 40:1 plus cases. Just stand in the water. Give them 15 minutes to get a highly polished clean finish. Decant the mixture to use again rinse the cases in clean water.

The above works well without using all the cleaning fluid to fill the sonic cleaner. You can also use several beakers at once with different solutions at the same time.

Cheers.

Archived