221 rem or something simliar

dogfox1

Big chicken on the scope front currently i have a vx2 6-18x40 on mine currently. i very nearly put my own 6x42 S+bender on it when it became without a ride but it ended up on my .22lr instead.

Hey! Sounds like it's working! :)~Andrew

PS: I surely wish I could get a short video clip from photo bucket onto the site. It's my son pulling off a 150-ish yard head shot on a prairiedog, in a cross wind, while leaning on a fence post. He is a cold, calculating shooter who loves that CZ Hornet. 35 grain V-Max is it's only fodder.

Nice story! It reminds me of when I would take my son shooting ground squirrels on the Mexican border. We'd talk, shoot, and have a grand time.

The Hornet is a rifleman's cartridge. There's no built-in ballistic balm for mis-read wind or range. What scope were you using? I have an ancient S&B 6X on my Hornet which doesn't allow for dialing in on the fly.~Andrew

Hiya Andrew, how triks mate? Yeh the scope I have on the Hornet is a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50. Yes I know it may be a little bit overkill but it works very well and it was bought originaly with the intent it may be going on a .20cal (.204 Ruger) at some point.

I have got a court case over the .204 Ruger at the mo with the police, will just have to see if it pulls off. Its the old (ME) is two high and all that shite they are giving me.

Will have to see what happens, BASC are coming over to the Island to represent me so fingers crossed. ;)

Steve.

Hey! Sounds like it's working! :)~Andrew

PS: I surely wish I could get a short video clip from photo bucket onto the site. It's my son pulling off a 150-ish yard head shot on a prairiedog, in a cross wind, while leaning on a fence post. He is a cold, calculating shooter who loves that CZ Hornet. 35 grain V-Max is it's only fodder.

I am going to have to do more with them 35's but presently it working realy good with the heavies. When i run comparisoms on quick target i cannot see a good reason to use them, though perhaps you know something i don't yet?

I am going to have to do more with them 35's but presently it working realy good with the heavies. When i run comparisoms on quick target i cannot see a good reason to use them, though perhaps you know something i don't yet?

Kent: If the heavy bullets are working then there is little need to go to a lighter bullet. I don't need them for the game I shoot and concentrate on them accordingly. What works, works, Eh? ~Andrew

Kent: If the heavy bullets are working then there is little need to go to a lighter bullet. I don't need them for the game I shoot and concentrate on them accordingly. What works, works, Eh? ~Andrew

I doubt i need them on the Game either, feel pretty confident a 35 grn bullet will kill a fox just as good as a 46 grn one bullet placement being equal. I would of course trade the better BC of the heavies if the 35's out shot them accuracy wise, presently only used the 35's in factory format and i won't forget them as you seem to have confidence with them ;)

I doubt i need them on the Game either, feel pretty confident a 35 grn bullet will kill a fox just as good as a 46 grn one bullet placement being equal. I would of course trade the better BC of the heavies if the 35's out shot them accuracy wise, presently only used the 35's in factory format and i won't forget them as you seem to have confidence with them ;)

I don't think a fox would stand a chance against a 35 grain at reasonable ranges. A few years back I bought some "blemished" thirty-three grain VM made for the Remington 22WMR round and really like them. At 3260 f/s it has the BC of a brick (.087 )but it explodes rodent varmints out to 200 yards!~Andrew

Archived