Scope options

ionic

I'm planning to try some longer range varmit shooting with my Sauer 223, primarily on crows out to about 500yrds, and need some advice on scopes. Having had a quick look, the Nightforce NXS 3.5 - 15 x 50 looks good, but what are the other options if I'm going to dial in the ranges and wind? Also, reticules, I prefer simple fine ones, agiain your views would be appreciated. Thanks. ionic

I just bought one and like it. Np1 great reticle. Have also a mildot 5.5x22x56. Love the extra mag but prefer the less busy npr1. Good light gathering not up to my Schmidt but comes into its own after dark.

Don't know if there is anything to match it for the dosh.

Atb Steve

I'm planning to try some longer range varmit shooting with my Sauer 223, primarily on crows out to about 500yrds, and need some advice on scopes. Having had a quick look, the Nightforce NXS 3.5 - 15 x 50 looks good, but what are the other options if I'm going to dial in the ranges and wind? Also, reticules, I prefer simple fine ones, agiain your views would be appreciated. Thanks. ionic

Hi Dave

Have you considered the IOR scopes from Border barrels... pretty much bomb proof and excellent value.

Colin

Hello Colin. Thanks, I have seen them advertised, but know nothing about them so will check them out. dave

I have one that i dont use but it doesnt have enough magnification for that range, especially on a corvid sized target.

You are more than welcome to have a nose regarding build quality, optics etc if you want.

Oh and are you going to the hound show in Builth on Thursday?

Colin

Was very impressed with sightron scopes, John from Aim Field Sports had a few along at the Creedon Cup

in Ireland. We could check them out at up to around 800yds.

edi

Edi

I ended up buying a sightron. 4.5x15x50 it looks ok and it is pretty light and compact for the mag range. Proof of pudding when i go home this time. going to mount it on the o6 on a Picatinny rail with Burris Signature Zee rings.

Look out for a PM regarding another subject

Cheers

Eddie

Archived