A tale of Woe and a Word of Caution

Artiglio

Good evening Ladies and Gents

For anyone who may be considering dealing with a gentleman from the Newry area of Northern Ireland, you may find the following thread on full-bore.co.uk of interest.

www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1976

In order to make life easier for board owners and administrators no name has been mentioned, and would ask that any replies show the same consideration, but should you have any concerns please feel free to pm me.

Regards phil

Good evening Ladies and Gents

For anyone who may be considering dealing with a gentleman from the Newry area of Northern Ireland, you may find the following thread on full-bore.co.uk of interest.

www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1976

In order to make life easier for board owners and administrators no name has been mentioned, and would ask that any replies show the same consideration, but should you have any concerns please feel free to pm me.

Regards phil

Hi Phil,

it may be useful for us if you were to copy the message as it appears in the forum you suggest we go to, and paste it here. It is impossible to read unless one joins 'full-bore.co.uk'. I am sure there are members here from northern ireland who may have a particular interest to find out more about this 'tale of woe'...

best wishes,

Finman

Evening Finman,

Apologies for this, computer skills are not my strong point, for some reason I cannot get this forum to accept links,but if you copy and paste address into address bar it takes you to the site. Reading posts on fullbore, does not I think require membership. If still not working I'll try and get someone to help me sort it in the morning.

regards phil

Apparently my thread on full-bore is in a members only section, the administrators there are looking into fixing the issue for me and I'll let you know when it is resolved. The thread there is 5 pages long and as such not suitable for directly pasting to this forum.

Thanks for your patience Phil

Morning Gents, the full-bore admin have moved my post and the new address is correct, time to put the kettle on and have a long read, if you're interested.

www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1976

You may need to copy this into your address bar

All the best phil

I have just read the link and I'm not a member of full bore.

for what its worth in a construction dispute NI is part of GB and therefore come under the UK court systems, I would go for a criminal case as per FEO suggestion and back it up with a civil claim, I think that they can be concurrently, clearly should not be allowed to be in business.

• 7 months later...

Good afternoon gents,

As a new season approaches and the forum has attracted several memebers from Ireland both north and south, I thought I'd bring this subject upto date. The thread is still running as per the original post on another forum but in summary.

I took out a county court action against the vendor and received judgement in my favour.

He in turn tried to have the judgement set aside, this was dismissed and the judgement stands.

Northern Ireland has a different enforcement sytem to England so the judgement was transferred after "he" failed to the order

"He" has and still is refusing to settle and objected my linking the case to his firearms business on the other forum.

But having a judgement in my possession I am now free to name and shame, Mr. Dave O'Hara.

In the spirit of fairness I'm Philip Shambrook.

At present with associated costs Dave owes me £1664.

All the best phil

So where do you go from here...... attachment to earnings order.............. log the ccj against his address or what?

How do you plan to resolve this and for him to return your monies owed?

All the best.

Evening Eldon,

At this point there is nothing I personally can do, its been passed onto the EJO (enforcements of judgements office) in northern ireland and its a matter of it working through their system. As with many such departments they are understaffed and very busy so things drag. Unlike the english system its not just a case of sending bailiffs round. All very annoying when you're the person owed money. I rather foolishly thought that Mr. O'hara might have complied with order well before now. But such is life.

regards phil

• 3 months later...

Good afternoon gents,

As a new season approaches and the forum has attracted several memebers from Ireland both north and south, I thought I'd bring this subject upto date. The thread is still running as per the original post on another forum but in summary.

I took out a county court action against the vendor and received judgement in my favour.

He in turn tried to have the judgement set aside, this was dismissed and the judgement stands.

Northern Ireland has a different enforcement sytem to England so the judgement was transferred after "he" failed to the order

"He" has and still is refusing to settle and objected my linking the case to his firearms business on the other forum.

But having a judgement in my possession I am now free to name and shame, Mr. Dave O'Hara.

In the spirit of fairness I'm Philip Shambrook.

At present with associated costs Dave owes me £1664.

All the best phil

Hi Phil

I am in the same boat I knew him through the club and he was to build a rifle I paid him £2100 and can't get rifle or money could you send me a copy of your judgement as the matter is with my solicitor If you could send to w.j.greenlaw@btinternet.com it would help my case and yours as I live in N.Ireland and it would be dealt here

Best Regards

Billy

Good evening Billy, it would appear the man has no shame. My case is currently stuck with the enforcements of judgements office (EJO) in NI, progress is almost non existent. Dave is currently selling off shooting equipment , he's had adverts on uklongrange and on the ukfclass site. He has no intention of making payments to me or assisting the authorities. It looks as though the next step will be the issue of a payment order by the courts failure to comply with which results in the issue of an arrest warrant and imprisonment, though that assumes the police are interested in looking for someone for non payment in a civil action.

I did all the paperwork myself to keep costs down, though the time it has taken has been considerable, givenmmy experience with Dave , I would think long and hard before spending too much pursuing the matter ( though no doubt this is what he relies on) . I've PM'd you details of other sites I have threads running on, it may pay if you were to join the sites and add to the threads asking for any information.

Hopefully being on Dave's doorstep you may have more luck than me.

All the best Phil

• 3 months later...

Archived