My new baby

Tikka

I collected my new workhorse from SYSS the other day.

Rifle - Rem700 SPS Varmint in .243 Win, A-Tec mod, devcon bedded into a Wild Dog Tactical stock.

Scope - IOR 3-18x42 Illum, Tactical reticle, 35mm tube.

rem1.jpgrem2.jpg

After a couple of days working up a 75gn VMax load in Lapua brass, she's doing this with a 3 shot group.

RemZero.jpg

To say that I am over the moon with this rifle is an understatement.

Many thanks to the great advice and work by Baldie and the guys at SYSS.

Guest 308Panther

Wow.....Nothin Wrong with that Combination!!!

Rifle looks Great too :rolleyes:

Your in for some fun now!!!

You guys keep it up and I am gonna want another new rifle,too

308Panther

Excellent buddy, i,m so glad your pleased with it, and it shoots well. I must admit, it was a leap of faith , using a supposedly cheap gun like an sps, and basically just dropping it into a stock, albeit bedded, and expecting it to shoot, given all the talk about how "cheap" remington barrels supposedly are. Just goes to show what a load of broccoli that is doesn,t it.

Have fun with it buddy, and thanks for your custom.

Guest 308Panther
It's bloody heavy Sprags. 13.5 lbs !

Damn....Thats as much as my Black Rifle w/ a 20rd mag....Full,and the bipod clipped on.

If its any consilation they do get lighter (or seem too) the more ya handle it.

308Panther

Excellent group Tikka and a nice looking rifle as well - how do you rate the IOR scopes?

Cheers mate. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised after the poor groups I was getting with the

the SPS stock.

large ice cream brilliant, I now have a good excuse for missing with my .243, it's the SPS stock that is the problem, not me :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, is the SPS stock really that bad that it interferes with the accuracy so much?

There are two "lumps" inside the stock spraggie, right at the front, in the barrel channel...they are supposed to support the barrel :rolleyes: Bin the stock, or get the dremel out. It suffers from the same problem as the steyr prohunter...flex in the stock, more so off a bipod.If the interference can be got rid of, it should shoot. Found the same problem in 10/22,s. I,m of the opinion, that NOTHING should touch a barrel, apart from an inch or two of bedding, just in front of the reciever.

Hello very nice would you be another name on other forms?.I have heard of the sps not being so good & that of remmy barrels but my mate got an sps s/sy in 25/06 he then got a jewell trigger & groups dropped 1/2" & found the 100g remmy amunition the best in it & it groups just over 1" at 300yrd so is quite good for factory or very good.He plans to restock it & was hoping for my dad to bring back an HS-presision from the USA but no joy.I have a remmy ADL 22.250 & put an HS-stock on & my barrel is rotten & it shoots under an 1".I dont have the funds to rebarrel but she shoots well.

Archived