Headspace

Tikka 260

Hi All

I am swithering over the best way to go about FL resizing as recently I have been getting some reloaded cases that are tight to chamber in both the .260 (nosler brass) and in the 275 (RWS brass) and have come to the opinion that the case shoulders are not bumping sufficiently after the first firing. The loads I am using in either of the rifles are not HOT, and there are no signs of overpressure on the once fired cases, so I am thinking that my resizing set up is probably at fault. I am using Redding A series dies BTW.

I have presently no way of checking this and so any advice or experience concerning bump gauges and/or headspace would be much appreciated.

Look forward to your collective wisdom, and Thank You for that in advance.

ATB

Peter

• 1 month later...

Personaly i like to do this by feel and using a set of competition shell holders that reduce .002" a time from +.010 to +.002", of course you can get all the way to the std spec holder. but you feel your bolt just being a little easier on one case as you work down, this being very close fitting then the next step gives you .002" clearance and job done. All said and done the reason to Full length size is to get a smooth bolt drop and lift

Archived