Forster case trimmer & Acc

v-max

Hi iv been looking into buying a better case trimmer so i can cut what i want to cut off brass other than my lee zip trim & case gauge. Its really because i would like to try doing some gongs out to 500m or so & know that i need to get the loads spot on for the range work. I got my 22.250 rebarreled by Grant Taylor & have got lapua brass & want to care for that really as im a tight scotts man. I have just orderd forster ultra mic die set with precission plus bush neck/bump die etc to use now & have been looking at case trimmers now & i like the redding one's but like the idea with the forster with there 3in1 cutter & more so the neck turner for case trimmer & liked the idea & how it worked. I looked on youtube at it & i have never had to neck turn in all my years & done well to date but i fancy trying to squeeze as much as i can out my rifle as i threw a load together with FL-sized sako brass out another rifle & getting .250 at 91m & recon that neck turning will help with my own older brass plus i have my new lapua stuff to play with. Dose anyone use the forster case trimmer & or with the neck turner etc & how do you rate it??.

I have this unit and, as you plan on doing, use it for things I don't use my Lee trimmer for like wildcats and general case reforming. For general trimming, I stick with the Lee studs: no adjustments to go out. If you get a Forester you probably won't be disappointed. It does what is says it will do.~Andrew

Davy,

Just bits and bobs that people have asked me to try and make.

Drop tubes for Belding & Mull powder measures, mandrels for case prep, modifying shell holders; just nit noid stuff, when I have the time...

OK, I do similar, also when I have time. It is amazing the number of small projects you can work on once you have a lathe :rolleyes:

Archived