Scope cam - Rabbit shooting

sir-slots-alot

Hi Chaps,

The last few days have been windy as hell here in sunny Cheshire.

After spending most of the day sulking because of the weather, I decided to grab the 17 rem and stretch my old legs.

I also wanted to try getting some video of the shot , from the shooter view. B)

I fitted a video cam to my Victory , abit of a " Heath Robinson " job , but it seemed sturdy enough. :blush:

I also took my regular video cam as back up in case the scope cam was a failure.

Actually videoing was the trickiest part - your not able to hold the rifle in the normal way - so I couldn't put my shoulder behind the butt ... this make the rifle kick more than normal. :wacko:

Anyway - I got some footage which aint half bad. I have combined the footage taken from both camera's :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxXoHUlOYNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JobcH4NjAlY

ATB

Alan

Alan, thanks for taking the trouble to produce & post these, very watchable - especially when I haven't taken the rifle out for a week because of the wind and rain. I'm impressed that you manage to make videos at the same time as shooting: I find it difficult enough, while grovelling prone on the ground, to juggle the rifle on a bipod, its rear bag under the butt heel, binoculars, rangefinder, click-chart and ammo, without arranging a video camera too - presumably on a mini-tripod or some such. And my rabbits don't usually stay in one spot while I faff around! I'm impressed with the terminal effect of those tiny bullets at 200-300 yards.

Regards, Tony

Alan, thanks for taking the trouble to produce & post these, very watchable - especially when I haven't taken the rifle out for a week because of the wind and rain. I'm impressed that you manage to make videos at the same time as shooting: I find it difficult enough, while grovelling prone on the ground, to juggle the rifle on a bipod, its rear bag under the butt heel, binoculars, rangefinder, click-chart and ammo, without arranging a video camera too - presumably on a mini-tripod or some such. And my rabbits don't usually stay in one spot while I faff around! I'm impressed with the terminal effect of those tiny bullets at 200-300 yards.Regards, Tony

Tony -

LOL I know exactly what you mean. It is a lot of faffing about.

Most of the time the impact of the 17 cal bullet, is un-spectacular - doing no exterior damage to rabbits or fox - just a big slap and no exit.

Other times it can kitform small vermin -- I suppose it depends on what the bullet hits and its velocity.

Personally, I prefer No exit

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

ATB

Al

After seeing your fox vid i went out and got a little cam jobby for my wasp nv gonna do some nv vids myself cheers. How did you hide the glow from the screen? And cracking vids by the way ;)

After seeing your fox vid i went out and got a little cam jobby for my wasp nv gonna do some nv vids myself cheers. How did you hide the glow from the screen?

I made a little box that fits around the screen and shaped it to fit my bonce, I also wear a face veil, just to make sure that my face is't back lit.

Thanks for the kind comments Guys.

ATB

Al

Archived