I was out this morning on a stalk and was using my steiner 12x42 bino's. I just can't get on with the eye cups. They are angled to cup the eye, but they slip round far to easily and poke my eye. My right eye is blood shot and giving me grief.

They are'nt the best bino's in the world so I am looking to replace them. Hopefully for christmas, well thats what i'll tell the mrs.

Any recomendations? I Cant break the bank so Swarovski SLC are out the window!!!!

cheers

Scotch

hi scotch egg

check this link out and read the spec, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-UnixNerds-Domain

i purchased a pair of 10x40 marine and am over the moon with them tested them against my mates 8x32 swaro's can't tell the difference a proper snip at £70. and the man will talk you through what is the best pair for you.can't recommend them enough

bernie

Oh, come off it! If you can't tell the difference between £70 binoculars and Swarovskis, get to the opticians!

Scotch Egg, try to find 8x30 Hensoldt mil. surplus. As you may know, Hensoldt is the military division of Zeiss.

I've seen them go on E Bay for as little as £80. A pair did me proud for many years and are now doing good service for my mate.

Oh, come off it! If you can't tell the difference between £70 binoculars and Swarovskis, get to the opticians!

Scotch Egg, try to find 8x30 Hensoldt mil. surplus. As you may know, Hensoldt is the military division of Zeiss.

I've seen them go on E Bay for as little as £80. A pair did me proud for many years and are now doing good service for my mate.

Good advice,

I got myself, my wife and a friend a pair. He now leaves his SLC's at home.

Just about 700 grams. Adjust em once, no constant focusing.

Get the newer D16 version.

edi

Scotch,

one thing, most of the e-bay dealers for these Binos are in

germany which is ok, but try use one that has a return policy.

Might be a few quid more but worth it. The better ones

are possibly between 120,- and 160,- Euro.

Being used optics one can be unlucky and get a dud, especially

with the very cheap ones.

e-bay hensoldt

edi

try them before you knock them multi coated optics, bac 1v prisms, google the spec, if you want to spend hundreds go ahead,i'm more than happy with mine,a fellow stalker came to see me today, regarding some work and i asked him to check the bino's out,after checking them out, i asked him how mutch did he think they cost , he said 4 / 5 hundred if you want to pay for a name go ahead,but do jeans from asda wear as long as armanii or paul smith as all are made from the same denim ?

If your looking on E Bay dont pass up on the older Carl Zeiss models often found there such as the 8/30,7/50 or 10/50 Jenoptems multicoated variety as they can be had depending on condition from about £50 through to say a max of £175 and they are superb value for money and equal the clarity of glass costing hundreds more.I have more expensive glass such as Leica which does have an edge on clarity but not by much and out in the truck getting bashed about I dont mind leaving an old pair of Zeiss on the dashboard as they fall off sometimes and once I remember terminally!!!good job it wer,nt me Leica,s.If it were a favourite I would go for the 7/50,s and to quote a friend I was out with a few weeks ago they are almost as good as the 8/56 leica,s he was using and that says it all!!cheers onehole.Best of Luck.

You get what you pay for mate,Leica,Swaro,Zeiss are spendy but very good Opticon very good value.

buy a pair try them if no good,they will give you your money back, tell me where you get a deal like that and made in the uk Scotland in fact, i think everyone is to makers name orientated as said before the only bino's ill ever need

Bernie i take your word for it :lol: If we all liked the same thing it would be a boring place,out of interest what scopes do you use and rate?

you'd laugh if i told you,but here go's besonder 10-40x50 £119 do me nicely google them or search on ebay, on my mates 223 as still waiting on my fac and he rates them also,and he has a swaro on his 270 magnum

bernie

Archived