Nightforce turret error?

bullett243

My friend has noticed something bizarre with his windage turret on his 5.5-22x56 NXS.

I have two NXS's and they both go from 0-9 on the turrets.

His goes 0,1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 !!!

Now, if this is wrong, he is massively unlucky as he has two NXS scopes and BOTH have this "fault"!!!

Can anybody with NXS scopes shed any light on this? We presume he has two duff turrets?

Video is here

Thanks

I had 2 nxs. the older of the two went 1-9 the newer one was 1-5-1 like your mates. Didn't think it was a fault as such but did prefer the 1-9 turret. The latter turret is way too easy to get lost in the adjustment.

i have an 8-32, My turrets are the same (windage turret)

0-5 marking

If I want 7 MOA (which is rare - even at 1K with the rifle its attached to) I would simply turn to 5 then add 2 MOA :

0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 4 - 3 = 7 MOA

Simple.

Surely this cant be right though? Why would it be like that?

Very easy to get confused?!?

Isn't this a simplification? It's giving you left and right.

The old system you describe (0-9) sounds insane for a windage turret.

It's a great idea as long as you have less than 5 moa of wind. Which in real terms it is rare to have more out to 5-600 yards, it is when you get out to 1000yds plus that you enter the territory of big wind brackets.

The most wind I had on last year at 1000 yards in F class was 8.25 MOA out to 600 yards the most used last season was only 3.75 MOA.

Much easier system as you will have a true wind reading left or right up to 5 moa.

With the 0-9 dial you are fine as long as you have wind in one direction dial 0-9 if it runs the other way you will go 9-0 now thats confusing!

So its not an error its sense.

Cheers

Dave

This is common like Brown dog said,, easy to understand left and right. The tactical IOR acopes we bring in on windage go 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0

Some scopes have 0-5 painted in white then 5-0 in red to indicate left or right wind.

Lee

My friend has noticed something bizarre with his windage turret on his 5.5-22x56 NXS.

I have two NXS's and they both go from 0-9 on the turrets.

His goes 0,1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 !!!

Now, if this is wrong, he is massively unlucky as he has two NXS scopes and BOTH have this "fault"!!!

Can anybody with NXS scopes shed any light on this? We presume he has two duff turrets?

Video is here

Thanks

Send me your `shite` turret that goes from 0-1-5-1-1...if it fits my NXS I will send you my 0-9 turret ...??

Send me your `shite` turret that goes from 0-1-5-1-1...if it fits my NXS I will send you my 0-9 turret ...??

Haha, it is my mate saying "shite" in the video, and it is his turret. Both mine are the 0-9 ones. I will ask him :)

• 3 weeks later...

My scope isnt Night force but on windage it goes from 0-7, 7-0!? lol its ok when you get used to it and dont forget to turn it back to the right place!!! I am using it on a light bullet so 7MAO can be used every now and then.

Archived