just picked this up

Just picked this rifle up yesterday.

Its a Tikka M590 in .222, B)

1 owner from new an old boy who hardly used, the meatal work is imacculate and also the woodwork, just a couple of "light" scratches which i'll sort out

Patched it through and hardly any carbon or copper come off in the patches :)

Just need to sort out some rings for it as its a 16mm rail and all my spare ones are 11mm :huh:

Then decide on a load to make up and try it out

0a6cdf96.jpg

b98e860f.jpg

Thanks.

There were 2 little scratches on the stock which I sorted out and gave the whole stock a coat of Danish oil.

I've a implants tub of benchmark that I thoughtight do but after running it through quickload it's not fast enough so might put a swap up for some N130, also wanna run the 40vmax or similar

Thanks.

There were 2 little scratches on the stock which I sorted out and gave the whole stock a coat of Danish oil.

I've a implants tub of benchmark that I thoughtight do but after running it through quickload it's not fast enough so might put a swap up for some N130, also wanna run the 40vmax or similar

I have a Tikka M558 in .222 which i believe is almost identical?

Have shot it for a few years now, and I find that it likes 23Gr of Vhit N133 with 40Gr Vmax.

Cracking foxing round, and very very accurate!

Very nice looking rifle, lovely grain in that wood. My first centrefire was a Brno Fox 2 in .222, great calibre, shot my first fox with it. I worked up a very nice load using Norma brass, Rem71/2 primer, nearly 24gr of N133 behind the Nosler 50grBT, seem to recall MV was nearly 3300fps and very accurate. But I bet your Tikka has a better trigger!

Good luck with it.

Tony

Cheers fellas,

Just sorting out a list of the things I need for it now.

The bolt and trigger feel better than on my remmy fitted with a timney trigger, my old tikka M595 was just as good shouldn't of got rid of that, will try an keep this one but maybe not as a 222 forever lol

• 1 month later...

Archived