ADI for rifle or scope mount

Hi im looking to start getting more into doing some longish range shooting but it wont always be level shooting. I know that the angle can effect the drop chart so was looking to get an ADI (angle degree indicator) to mount on picatinny rail etc but can only find the nightforce for £150. For those of you that do long range shoot what do you use recomend or how do you rate the nightforce ADI or what can you recomend for same use cheers.

Dose no one use an ADI for there range shooting if not what or how do you work out the angle on your softwear that you use. surely people who are long range shooting consider angle as well that you shooting??? Any info well come please.

Think you mean the Angle Cosine Indicator.

I use my phone to measure the incline - if its that steep.

I also have a mildot master, which gives good indication of angle to target.

A piece of string and a protractor also works very well...

Hi vmax i use my range finder for the angle it is built into the leica 1600 or if you have isnipe on iphone you can lay your phone on the barrel make sure barrel not hot and the app gives you a reading hope this helps you.

Dose no one use an ADI for there range shooting if not what or how do you work out the angle on your softwear that you use. surely people who are long range shooting consider angle as well that you shooting??? Any info well come please.

ACIs in the UK: Rifle bling. Been there done that. Save your money for something else.

Angles are generally far less severe than you think; spend some time with a protractor and a piece of string guessing slope angles and then measuring them; you'll be surprised how shallow angles actually are when shooting at long range: 20 degrees is a pretty severe downhill shot -as in top of big hill into valley bottom.

See if you can calibrate your eye to angles -it isn't difficult to get with 5 deg; and that's good enough -and you can check with the piece of string and protractor if you keep it in your notepad.

I have one & like said it dosent make a huge diffenace!

for the angle to the 800yd mark @ wsm was only ,99 and a whole 3 clicks diffenace!

Looked more to me but was really sod all!

brown dog will be pleased to know that his new card was on the money :wub:

cheers Andy

Hey Andy was that with the 6mmbr pea shooter?!

hi

i did use the br but i only put 30ish rnds thru it !

ended up blating away with the 308!

ran out of adjsustment at 1100yds & was on the bottom mildot as well! :blink:

the br was much better at that range altho it spent most of the day as a expensive wind flag!(its got a piece of cotton hanging of the barrel!)

cheers Andy

Hi thanks all for that i spoke to a kinda friend on this issue & he told me to do the protractor thing & a bit string etc on the barrel. He has agreed to give me a copy of his book that he has for working out wind/angle etc so boost i can forget the nightforce adi cheers all for replies.

Cant wait to get out there & play as my remmy has just been semi blue printer rebarreld & a new mod etc & is done just needs to go to proof house & then i can try playing & see what i can hit gongs out to.

Archived