bushnell trail cameras

Guest apollo

Ive had three of these now one a trailscout pro

DSCF1346.jpg

This one went back to america as the password locked out so i was unable to access the camera, after a week of phone calls i managed to get hold of a compony in surry and a chap called Ian found me an unlocking code and it all worked but would not store pictures on any of the four SD cards i tryed,so that one went off to america and has just arrived back.

The other one is a bushnell sentry

DSCF1571.jpg

This one arrived and all seemed well then it developed a fault that meant when you put in all the information in at the setup all seemed ok then you tryed it and it worked but when we traveled out for half an hour to put it out for the night i would turn it on and all the information was gone, i would do it all again the camera would work with the test pics, i then took out the card had a look at the pics deleted them put it back in turned it on and guess what the camera pir would light up but the nv led`s would not work so it was not talking any pics.

We done this twice on two sepperate occasions and in the end i put the reset code into it that i had for the other one, as of now the camera works but you have to be very gentle as the sd card only needs a small movement and it goes straight back and the password flashes and you have to start again but as you have to shut it all up together your never quite sure if its working, and if it is how long for.

I also put four brand new duracell d cell batteries in and they only lasted around three days, which is not very long...........

To be honest I don`t think that I`d bother with them if thats what you have to put up with every time you want to set them Apollo :lol:

Fortunately the Recon cameras that we`ve use seem to be more user friendly and I`d recommend them as the best all rounder :D

I would have to agree with you the technology just aint there, what sort of money are the recon outdoor ones and is there a night vision option................ thanks eddie

I would have to agree with you the technology just aint there, what sort of money are the recon outdoor ones and is there a night vision option................ thanks eddie

I think you can get the Recon for about £300 if I remember correctly

They give off very good b/w night shots and use a "no flash no dash" technology

http://www.reconoutdoors.com

I use the Stealth cam 2.0mp digital camera WD2IR which cost about £250 ( google Stealth Cam )

It will only take black and white pictures, but the quality is pretty good.

A couple of photo's

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/elw...ox/PIC_0010.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/elw...Fox/PIC_007.jpg

PIC_004.jpg

Ian

Guest 308Panther

Apollo,

Is that a Badger in the sec pic?

Even blowing it up I cant quite make it out...

If it is a Badger that has got to be the fattest Badger I have

ever seen a pic of.

Damn...What are ya guys feedin em?

308Panther

Apollo,

Is that a Badger in the sec pic?

Even blowing it up I cant quite make it out...

If it is a Badger that has got to be the fattest Badger I have

ever seen a pic of.

Damn...What are ya guys feedin em?

308Panther

Yes mate a big fat one

SUNP0021-1.jpg

SUNP0024.jpg

Just thought I'd add my contribution!!

I use the Wildview 3 megapixel camera

10082007231.jpg

Badger4.jpg

Fox-1.jpg

Fox10.jpg

Polecat.jpg

I had the problem with the internal batteries going flat after a few days, now I use a 12v 17a/h battery (cammo bag in top photo) which plugs into a socket on the camera, dont know if other makes have this option. This battery will last easily a month. The camera is not nightvision, uses a flash instead but not a problem for me as I live on a farm in a remote area where the chances of somebody coming across it are slim.

Cheers, Jinks.

• 6 months later...

I've now got two Bushnell Trail Sentrys, model is 11-9200 I think.

SUNP0002-1.jpg

SUNP0016.jpg

SUNP0002.jpg

I got them off Ebay, reasonable price. I will 100% agree with WSM that Recoyn ones are the best, unfortunately for me I can't afford them though.

So far, I'm having some issues with the Bushnell. One is untested as it arrived only this morning. The other has taken nearly 500 photos a day on three ocassions. I believe either the wind moving small pieces of vegetation, or the small post the camera is mounted to or the days sun heating up the wall infront of the camera is causing this problem. Four D cell batteries lasted me three days because of that :huh: I've now ordered rechargeable batteries for them, as I don't believe there is a connection for a larger battery.

The reason I picked this camera is for it's trigger speed time. Two websites below have, in my mind, some very good information on trail/game cameras (all of which are most certainly not created equally).

http://www.trailcampro.com/index.asp?PageA...ustom&ID=63

http://www.chasingame.com/

I also have a Moultrie GameSpy i60, it's the first game camera I bought before Christmas last year. For catching an animal like the fox it's just that bit too slow, as it has an inbuilt battery saving process that puts it into a "sleep mode". This results in the animal triggering the camera, which wakes up a few seconds later. The Bushnell just snaps the animal.

But, for deer that are at feed stations or for a predator bait station the Moultrie is a good camera, it can be left there long term, there's an inbuilt viewer (unlike the Bushnell), it's got an IR function. Pretty good camera for that job.

MDGC0028.jpg

MDGC0096.jpg

MDGC0128.jpg

MDGC0144.jpg

MDGC0132.jpg

MDGC0001.jpg

Archived