firearms variation for loading

bri2506

Does anyone know of a variation been granted for a calibre for loading only.

As its been pointed out on my request for loads topic, it is illegal for me to load for a calibre that isnt on my ticket.

I was wondering if anyone had heard of one been granted for loading only, as it would make it easier to keep within the law.

Might ring FEO tomorrow. Cant see why not, unless im missing something obvious.

I would say that if you are reloading a caliber that you dont posess, then you must be reloading for someone else which is a nono.

You are also not allowed to keep expanding bullet heads in a calibre that is not on your ticket.

However I dont see a problem with reloading for someone who is helping (ie. present) other than that they may disrupt your concentration.

You could get a variation for that calibre, but again if you consume bullets in that caliber without owning a rifle it implies that you are loading for someone else.

I would certainly not even suggest to your firearms dpt that you even thinking of making bullets for someone else.

Rup

I see no harm (or offences) in prepping brass, priming and charging, then the holder of the FAC your loading for comes in person with bullets - and you seat them, he takes the loaded ammunition away with him........

I remember a similar question being asked on one of the forums before and if I remember correctly you can reload for others but your loads have to go to proof house to be tested first and I think you might have to be a RFD or a business, don't quote me on it but it was something like that.

Or like above you do all the prep and charge then they come along and seat the heads

I know of a RFD who loads for others, he even has a friend load for him but he has to be classed as a employee or similar

Hth Richard

Ronins answer covers all the bases in my opinion and i would go with that.

Don't think I would approach my FEO about it as you might open a can of worms :unsure:

Ronin,s response is where I see it as well and have been doing just this for one or two friends for ages.Agree with Eldon too don,t open a can of worms completely unnecessary in my opinion.As long as they are present when doing the loading I would say thats ok? Onehole.

I see no harm (or offences) in prepping brass, priming and charging, then the holder of the FAC your loading for comes in person with bullets - and you seat them, he takes the loaded ammunition away with him........

My understanding of it is that you can own and buy all reloading materials[ apart from expanding ammo, FMJ you can buy] and tools for a calibre you do not posses on your ticket.

But when you put all the components together than you are then breaking the law.

Do you not think some sort of manuel composed by Fire arms registry would be a good idea,

I ve met a lot of young lads that have got their first rifles and really dont have a clue about the law, and would clear up issuse like these

Archived