Pillar bedding

My sako came back home to day (sako 75 6mm ppc)

Just thought that it would be of interest to some of you lads that have been asking about pillar bedding

10-10-07_1333.jpg

Also i had an acuracy asset made for the front of the stock so that it would ride the bags a bit better???

10-10-07_1334.jpg

All the best from wales darrel

Guest varmartin

That is a very neat job, makes mine look like a Hash up :lol:

that baby gonna shoot now, but then it will be hard to improve on the low .1`s :lol:

Martin

looking good Darrel!!!! :lol: :lol:

Now load up some of those G @ C 68 grainer's and lets see how she does now!!! :blink::lol:

All the best my mate...................

RAY........................................... ;):D

Hi gents,

The work was done by a mate of mine in scotland!!!!

He reconds that it was a fecker of a job to as the sako 75 are a bit of a pain in the arse??

My gun will shoot in the one,s but now and again it will throw one bullet just out of group???

So i thought that this was the only thing that i could possibly do to try and get the most out of it??, now it sits on the bags a lot better and hopefully will not throw a bullet???? time will tell!!!!

Ray them there bullets are allready loaded my mate and are ready to go as soon as i can get down the fields :D

I just hope that i have not fecked up a good shooter

I will let you know a.s.a.p how i get on :lol:

Lovely job Darrel, they are a pain to do and get as neat as that.

The accuracy aid looks well sweet, ive a Sinclair one, but that of yours should track back no problem at all.

Your mate isn't called Derek is he?

Lovely job Darrel, they are a pain to do and get as neat as that.

The accuracy aid looks well sweet, ive a Sinclair one, but that of yours should track back no problem at all.

Your mate isn't called Derek is he?

Hi andy,

How do you know that?????

Andy hopefully he is going to build my new gun aswell!!!!!!

All the best from wales darrel :D

It is indeed a very small world :D

I hope he builds the rifle as well as he shoots :lol:

It is indeed a very small world ;)

I hope he builds the rifle as well as he shoots ;)

Hi andy,

Andy are you at the diggle weekend after this one???? it would be nice to meet ;)

The last of my comps is on the 20th oct!!! that is the 100 yrd comp

And the 1000 yrd comp is on the sunday the 21st

And yes derek put a lot of work into that gun of mine!!! he is a true gent and i am very happy with it now????

Should be out sometime this weekend to have a go of it???????

Hi gents,

Had my sako 75 6mm ppc back earlyer in the week, after it having a bedding job done on it!!!!!, And an acuracy asset made for the fore end,,,

RESULTS

First a ten shot group

13-10-07_1551.jpg

No shots stepping out now ;) Group was .604 - 243= .361

Second target has a five shot group at the bottom and then a three shot group at the top

13-10-07_1520.jpg

The bottom group was .359 for five shots and the top group was .029 for three shots?? i could not bring myself to put two more shots in it!!!!

All shots were taken of a bipod lying down,,,We did set up my front rest on my mate truck but it was not steady??? So we just took some pic,s to show my set up

13-10-07_1455.jpg

All the best darrel

Hi Darrel

I hoped to be able to get to the Mqueens today at Diggle, but "family" pressure do not allow this. As for next weekend, well I will still be in Czeckslovakia, so again, I won't be there, sorry.

It would be good to meet up and have a chat though, long time since i've spoken to D too ;)

Darrel.

Very nice groups mate!! Shame Zaitsev's off line for now l bet he'd like a look as his sako's stilll in the bare wood so to speak. l'm off down at the end of the month to see him for a night so l'll torment him about it then.

All the best.

Ratwhiskers.

That is some amazing grouping, that 10 shot group must really fill you with confidence, if your rifle can shoot so straight for 10 shots. PPC's just seem to be so accurate.

Very small world - I bought a Sako .22 Finnfire Range from Derek - Very nice bloke. Andy, you will be in the Czech Republic next weekend but only just as the Strelna range is on the Czech side of the Czech - Slovak border point; because the Slovaks did not want to build another set of custom points we pass through the border point but are still in the Czech Republic - makes perfect sense. You will have a paper so no plod / customs ask dumb questions though.

David.

Good mcqueens today chaps, big turnout, and lots of high scores, because it was very calm.The advantage my 6mmbr has over the .308,s was lost in the calm conditions, and i only managed a fifth with 94 ex 100.

Darrel, i,ll be up next saturday for the practical rifle shindig on "b"range, as you guys are on "d" make yourself known buddy, and we,ll have a brew. :P

Hi Darrel

I hoped to be able to get to the Mqueens today at Diggle, but "family" pressure do not allow this. As for next weekend, well I will still be in Czeckslovakia, so again, I won't be there, sorry.

It would be good to meet up and have a chat though, long time since i've spoken to D too :lol:

Andy,

All the best for next weekend!!!

I can,t wait for your account of how you get on????

All the best mate :P darrel

You must be over the moon Darrel mate....

Very tight groups off the deck prone......awesome and worth the spend .

Martin

Hi martin,

It looks like it was money well spent :P

had a 262yrd big crow later on on saturday with my 35x target scope on???

Could not resist the shot!!!! Unlucky for the crow :lol:;)

Hi darrel.............

Looks like that bedding job done the trick for you matey!!! :D;)

Them varmints wont be safe now!!!! :D :D

Went to the range to check the grouping ability of those Nosler 85 grain SPS in my 6PPC ...........DSCF1490.jpgDSCF1491.jpg

It measures 0.298 ( that with the 243 taken off ) and thats with a soft point hunting bullet , so as this load generates 1736FT LBS i cant wait to try it on some roe!!!!

All the very best my mate...................

RAY.................................................. :D;)

Archived