Whats the best Stalking Jacket & Trousers ???

LONG RANGE CAPT

As the topic title suggests I'm after a new Jacket & Trouser combination.

While out shooting the other week I spent a prolonged period lying up - my Parimo jacket leaked in heavily on my elbows and made the rest of the day some what annoying.

I'm after something durable, comfortable and silent.

Kind Regards

Rob

While out shooting the other week I spent a prolonged period lying up - my Parimo jacket leaked in heavily on my elbows and made the rest of the day some what annoying.

Kind Regards

Rob

Rob,

Which paramo? Selling it? (I've got a pajaro and want the upgraded version that's out now).

Well for me its mix and match dependant on weather.

Laksen trousers (Sika) - never let any water in for 4 yrs - used weekly in all weathers.

Moderate weather (dry to light rain, warmish - above 5 / 6 degrees)

Base layer t shirt , fleece, camoflague jacket - from Canada SEALS brand. (Matt knows which I mean)

Cold weather or heavy rain

Base layer, t shirt, light jumper, Laksen Sika jacket.

Well for me its mix and match dependant on weather.

Laksen trousers (Sika) - never let any water in for 4 yrs - used weekly in all weathers.

Moderate weather (dry to light rain, warmish - above 5 / 6 degrees)

Base layer t shirt , fleece, camoflague jacket - from Canada SEALS brand. (Matt knows which I mean)

Cold weather or heavy rain

Base layer, t shirt, light jumper, Laksen Sika jacket.

Just been having a look round - can see the Buffalo, Mulfon and Stalker.

Have they changed the name of the Sika ?

Looking at the current catalogue I think my Laksen Sika gear is closest to the Buffalo range.

I have Laksen stuff as well can't fault it don't do much stalking tho but plenty of foxes lying up waiting for them. Quite a few get lamp shy where I am due to misses on surrounding ground. Shine a lamp and its like the start of the grand national.

Kind Regards

Rob

Base Layer - Merino - very effective, doesn't stink like synthetics do after a couple of hours.

Mid Layer - for cold weather, Buffalo Pertex shirt

Outer Layer -Laksen Jacket

Trousers - Deer Hunter Smallville for stalking, or if very cold for High Seat sitting - Rusky .

Works for southern softies... :D

P

Hi I have found the Swazi Tar jacket unbeatable in extremely bad weather, not sure if they also do trousers, other than that the old favorite is the Kamo range of jackets and trousers, they have never let me down in some of the worst weather conditions going.

ATB Bob

Thank you all very much for help and advice - all very much appreciated.

Having read through all the previous posts on UKV, I have now placed orders for two brands from the chaps at Scotcountry. the prices were competitive and customer service helpful.

I will of course keep UKV abreast of how the garments perform.

The first being the ''Ridgeline Monsoon Wet Weather Jacket'' - the reasoning for this being that it can be rolled up and placed in day sack when not needed and its alot cheaper than the Swazi version.

And also great for the hill - possibly not for the high street.

The second being the ''Harkila Prohunter Jacket and Trousers'' - having spoken to numerous friends and colleagues, as to what best you could get, would be. The resounding answer was ''Harkila Prohunter''.

Having a career in which to much time is often spent on a wet wind and bleak training area - I thought it about time I got some decent hunting gear.

Kind Regards

Rob

Archived