Hello and advice

Hello to one and all, this is my first post as only just found out about you.

I currently have a cz 750 in .308 which i love but sadly is up for sale as i am looking for something i can stalk with as well. which leads to the advice question

I am looking for a .308 heavy barrelled stalking suitable rifle with some range use and my first impressions are this is the place to ask for any feedback on what is out there and been used

so whats your thoughts chaps :)

thanks

Hello to one and all, this is my first post as only just found out about you.

I currently have a cz 750 in .308 which i love but sadly is up for sale as i am looking for something i can stalk with as well. which leads to the advice question

I am looking for a .308 heavy barrelled stalking suitable rifle with some range use and my first impressions are this is the place to ask for any feedback on what is out there and been used

so whats your thoughts chaps :)

thanks

Why the heavy barrel?

unless it fooked isnt what you are selling ideal for what you want to buy

welcome to the forum as well by the way

may be you should have a word with yourself and see if you can strike up a deal :blush::blush::blush:

very good points and i had not even considered changing the stock, this would give me the best of both worlds

it is muzzle braked so that should swap for a mod but at 6kg as a base rifle is is heavy

thats certainly got the brain working, although by selling this and going for something like a tikka t3 varmint will leave me a bout £4/500 to buy something else as well :D

it's certainly not busted as only 2yrs old with around 400 rounds through it as i have had since new.

guess i will be searching the net later for synthetic aftermarkets CZ stocks to see

If this is the sniper rifle made by cz...sell it as it is. there is nothing out there to fit it.

Dont devalue it by shortening it/messing around with it....its worth little s/h as it is anyway. The gun was grossly overpriced , new, and this is reflected in the s/h price.

If this is the sniper rifle made by cz...sell it as it is. there is nothing out there to fit it.

Dont devalue it by shortening it/messing around with it....its worth little s/h as it is anyway. The gun was grossly overpriced , new, and this is reflected in the s/h price.

thats the one. i would never shorten it but would have looked at a stock as it shoots well.

a bit harsh saying it's worth little second hand for what you get out of the box i was very happy. i have benefited from the general price increase in everything as been offered a respectable trade in price as they cost more now trade than i paid 2 years ago. However i do respect your honesty

any advice on what to replace it with, i was looking at the tikka varmint, been steered away from a browning x bolt already, what about the remmy 700! or a sako 75

I think a varmint barrel is too heavy and a sporter barrle too light for the crossover that you are looking for.

Lothar Walther makes a nice inbetween size, the 1450 profile (Heavy magnum sporter). Put one of these at 20 - 22"

on a Remmy or Howa action with an aftermarket magazine system, light stock and you'd have a fine long range

stalker and a light target rifle. I think that the Germans started a class in that direction, "jagdmatch"

I have one of those 1450 barrels on an old sako action in a ultra light carbon stock as my main deer rifle.

In the last summer I took part in a few 300yd competitions and had no problems keeping up with TRG's, LSR2's.

edi

Archived