Hornet Bullet storage/carriers

gerald butler

When I first got my CZ Hornet it came with 2x50 packs of winchester factory ammo (absolute crap) that were stored in polystyrene bricks which are absolutely fantastic for storing loaded ammo, does anybody know if you can buy these from anywhere or have any surplus to requirements.

When out shooting with my Hornet I carry my spare bullets in a leather pouch (as used for airgun pellets) but am finding that the constant chattering of the bullets takes it's toll on the bullet heads, what do you guy's do to protect your bullets when out shooting. Does anyone know if you can buy a Hornet specific bullet carrier that keeps the bullets seperate. Many thank's Gerald.

When I first got my CZ Hornet it came with 2x50 packs of winchester factory ammo (absolute crap) that were stored in polystyrene bricks which are absolutely fantastic for storing loaded ammo, does anybody know if you can buy these from anywhere or have any surplus to requirements.

When out shooting with my Hornet I carry my spare bullets in a leather pouch (as used for airgun pellets) but am finding that the constant chattering of the bullets takes it's toll on the bullet heads, what do you guy's do to protect your bullets when out shooting. Does anyone know if you can buy a Hornet specific bullet carrier that keeps the bullets seperate. Many thank's Gerald.

I bought some Hornet box's a few weeks ago and when they arrived they were huge. Bigger than .223 box just with smaller sections. I'm not sure what make they are but don't but them, they rattle when full and take up loads of space in my safe. You could fit 100 rounds in a box they make for 50. I'l try and see if they have a make on them later. They are green and came with stickers to write on, if that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also looking for exactly the same thing. Be aware that the Uncle Mikes butt stock shell holder loops are a bit to big, the cases do hold in most of the sections but they are not that tight. Also the shell holder slips round the CZ527 stock, that is cure able probably by putting a self adhesive raiser under it.

A

MTM now do a .223 box that has a plastic shelf insert that sits in the square holes making them round. it looks like the shellholders inside a lapua brass box. These are designed purely for the hornet, and also the .30 M1 carbine, which is what i use them for. About a fiver each, and they hold 50.

MTM also do a neat belt box with a flip top lid for the hornet, i think it holds 20 rounds.

Ammo box wise I bought a small white one from Norman Clarke, its ideal for the round, holds 50. Made by BERRYS MFG with a US phone number on it. Reservation about how tough it is though, looks like I have got a small crack in the lid already.

http://www.berrysmfg.com/products-q29-c29-Ammo_Boxes.aspx

A

I think I have 4 of the above mentioned bricks will check when I get in am they're yours if you want them no good to me

Will let you know later

Atb Richard

Package received safely Richard, many thank's for your kind offer. Bst rgds Gerald.

Glad it turned up ok mate

I was also waiting on a package by Royal mail an all I received was half an envelope with no content in a bag with an apology for any loss or damage ha that's the Royal mail for you now I have to contact the USA for the part I was waiting on

Atb Richard

Archived