Has anyone used one?

Interesting concept though not giving away much tech info like

fov and elevation figures. Probably just a gimmick.

http://www.snipersystems.co.uk/id12.html

I like the way the reticle has reference points all the way to the

bottom of the sight picture instead of just a solid post, I wish more

manufacturers would do this as it would make holdover possible to

much longer ranges.

Rup

Hi There

I have a pair of Shepard Binoculars.Bought in the States. I have been very happy with them except after sales service non existant. Had shed loads of emails from even a guy called Dan Shepard but no result.

I just need a minor repair after damaging them slightly myself.

I no they supply some military applications and will probably have busy times past. But if i was going to spend high end money it would not be with this company.

I do not like to moan about a company without justification but this lot are pants.

Cheers

The system works. I owned one for a .22lr and it was spot on. The optics are Jap and good. The distribution in the UK is by Global rifle.....Lets not go there.

Has anyone used one?

Interesting concept though not giving away much tech info like

fov and elevation figures. Probably just a gimmick.

http://www.snipersys...co.uk/id12.html

I like the way the reticle has reference points all the way to the

bottom of the sight picture instead of just a solid post, I wish more

manufacturers would do this as it would make holdover possible to

much longer ranges.

Rup

It is too cluttered for my liking, I use a KAPS SA2 on one of my AI's and find even that too cluttered, clutter in moments of stress can lead to mistakes.

post-10548-064250900 1297612106_thumb.png

That looks a useful reticule Davy. Is it first focal plane ?

It is Fixed focus with BDC drum. Lovely glass, Kaps are one of the alternative German manufacturers that we seldom hear of. and in some ways I prefer to my PMII, optically it is a better 'scope. It is slightly unusual in that it is 8mm/100m clicks (Nigh on 1/5 MOA) My preference is cm/klicks.

It is Fixed focus with BDC drum. Lovely glass, Kaps are one of the alternative German manufacturers that we seldom hear of. and in some ways I prefer to my PMII, optically it is a better 'scope. It is slightly unusual in that it is 8mm/100m clicks (Nigh on 1/5 MOA) My preference is cm/klicks.

8mm would confuse the hell out of me anytime let alone in the heat of the moment, I make that

3.4 clicks to the minute :blink:

This is what I would call a useful reticle, I cant find an affordable scope with anything like it though.

It seems to be the industry standard to just have 4 or 5 MilDots then the obligatory solid post.

http://swfa.com/IOR-25-10x42-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P44579.aspx

With this, if you charted your trajectory and used a rangefinder, you could just holdover to about 700yds :)

8mm would confuse the hell out of me anytime let alone in the heat of the moment, I make that

3.4 clicks to the minute :blink:

This is what I would call a useful reticle, I cant find an affordable scope with anything like it though.

It seems to be the industry standard to just have 4 or 5 MilDots then the obligatory solid post.

http://swfa.com/IOR-...ope-P44579.aspx

With this, if you charted your trajectory and used a rangefinder, you could just holdover to about 700yds :)

'Scopes seldom give you what you think you are getting per click :wacko:

8mm klicks mean I have to refer to my drop chart or compensate with the BDC, neither of which is ideal when you are in a rush. My wife shoots with an IOR with the standard MP-8 reticle and begrudgingly I have to admit it is a very good 'scope with superb glass, slightly spoilt in my opinion by the drums which I can only describe as not German.....

Having said that I have looked through some real cheapies recently and if you are not shooting in twilight they work every bit as well as things costing many times as much.

Didn,t know that Pete.

Thats good news for Shepherd, as Gary will distribute them properly, and has a good name in the Airgun trade for his scopes etc.

yes gary called me on his way back from the shot show sharing his good news,I think hes sending me one up to test,there not sort of scope as i prefer to dial in.

I had a bit more of a read on the Shepherd 'scopes tonight, the part that caught my eye was this:

When zeroing Steyr Scout rifles for customers in .308, fitted with Shepherd V2s (a popular choice), using Hornady 150 grain Light Magnum ammunition at 100 yards, I regularly achieve 3 shot groups through the same hole only 2/1000ths of an inch bigger than the bullet size.

Heck, that guy ought to take benchrest up Davy....he would clean up. :lol::lol::lol:

I remember being at Phoenix one year and listening to him telling a prospective customer how one of his rifles would stuff 5 rounds into a 2.5" group at 1000 yards, it was not long after Vince had just set the UK BR 1000 yard record at around 2.6" (From memory)

Serious stuff eh? :rolleyes:

Archived