N160 & N560

John MH

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have lots of N160 and N560 that I use for my 6XC, am soon to take delivery of a .260 Rem and wonder if these powders are any good as from most of the posts I've seen people seem to favour N150 and N550.

Thanks

John MH

I use 47g of N560 under a 140 Amax and it shoots wonderfully on both deer and 1k plus targets , it is a hot load so as usual work up in your rifle!

• 4 months later...

John MH... another late reply from a new member!

I would be interested in any feedback that you got to your question about Viht powders for 260 Rem..... or your own experiences to date.

I am currently pushing 139g Scenars with 44.5g of N560 from a 1:8 Krieger barrel at 26 inches long. ... no pressures and great accuracy...... pretty confident I could go with a greater load (Quickload still showing WELL within safe area) but planning a Chrono session this weekend first to see what MV and spread I am getting currently.

Dave Wylde of Valkyrie is building me another 260 as we speak and I am going to try 123g Scenars with N550 by way of comparison as several of my shooting buddies have recommended these... we will see what it likes to eat best!

Cheers

DaveT

Archived