RXB-IV Digital Laser Range Finding Binoculars anyone had problems with them

I own a set of LEUPOLD RXB-IV Digital Laser Range Finding Binoculars but just lately im having problems with them

when out in the field and want to range find when i press the range button it just knocks off saying the battery is dead even with a brand new battery

ive tried the battery in a friends bino's and it works fine. this is the second set of leupolds that i know of that has developed this problem

has anyone had this problem or know anyone with this issue

I'm glad you've said that. I've got a pair and I though I was going mad. Mine do the same. I've resorted to storing them without a battery in them but they still do the same when you put the new battery in.

Think I'll be contacting them too.

I'm glad you've said that. I've got a pair and I though I was going mad. Mine do the same. I've resorted to storing them without a battery in them but they still do the same when you put the new battery in.

Think I'll be contacting them too.

just got off the phone to GMK they said it will take 4 months to get fixed as has to be sent to the states! Offered me a swap for a monocular retail £495 when i paid nearly £700 for the bino's!!!!!!!

A 4 month wait thats my shooting up the creek! gonna have to fork out for more bino's. then when i get the leupolds back with a brand new waranty i wont need them

Leupold have discontinude these bino's! i wonder why????

i'll never buy a leupold product again

Any one got any geovids for sale

If your in a rush it might be worth contacting Leupold directly.

I have a leupold Mk4 that I bought from the states when they first came out. After about 6 months of use I got a black spot in the top right corner of the sight picture. Having bought it from the states I contacted leupold directly and told them what was wrong. They said no problem just send it back to us and we'll sort it. Just under 2 weeks after I posted it I had a shiney new one arrive in the post. They must have sent it the day I phoned up because ther is no way mine would have reached them and them have chance to send one back in that time. About a month later I got a report back from them telling me that the mark was a blob of grease from the internal working.

You can't argue with that customer service!

They have discontinued the binos because they lost their court case with bushnell who have a similar product, the fusion binos.

I contacted the Sportsman gun centre yesterday and they said pretty much the same as your response from GMK. I'll send them back in a couple of weeks after I've been stalking.

Rich

Good advice to try Leupold direct - it's quite a few years ago but I received excellent after-sales service from Leupold in having one of their scopes modified, very quick and very cheap. OTOH I too had problems with a cheap laser rangefinder, one of the first Bushnell Litespeeds into the UK in the '90s: it worked fine for two years then packed up, and the UK importers (+ Bushnell in the USA) would only offer me a discount on a brand new one. I declined, and learned my lesson - my rangefinder's a Leica these days. Leupold scopes are still AFAIK built in USA and generally very solid but things like their bino's and rangefinders will be bought-in items from China...

Tony

I purchased an RB800 model directly from the States in about 2007, this is an older model than the RXB-IV but is almost identical.

The first one I had went wrong,(display corrupted)within about 2 months and since I bought it in the States GMK didn't want to know, so I returned it directly to the factory who replaced them with a brand new pair, this process took about 6 weeks. The new pair lasted even less time before the rangefinding bit went off all together and never came back on.

I had had enough by now and went out and bought a set of Geovids, something I have never regretted. The RB800's are still in their box broken, I should have returned them but I just gave up.

Crap product and less than sparkling service, will never buy anything Leupold again.

got a reply off them today

"There were previous issues like this with the RXB-IV. However, we have resolved the issue and you would simply need to send the unit in so we can have it replaced under warranty. Service currently requires approximately two weeks, not including shipping time. When shipping product for warranty or service, please include a note of instruction, return address, phone number and e-mail address. Please record the model and serial number of your product and ship the optic only. Remove any mounts, rings, sunshades or lens covers. It is recommended that you purchase insurance and retain a tracking number to document the arrival of your product."

and GMK said that they had no issues with these and that it would take a 4 month turn around if they had to send them back to leupold :mad::mad:

• 1 month later...

Well, 38 days later it's sorted. I sent mine back t the Sportsman Gun Centre where I bought them because they assured me they would have them sorted by this weekend. I spoke to them yesterday and they told me they could not be repaired and because they are no longer being made they could not be replaced like for like. Leupold are now offering anyone with faulty items a TBR 1000 as a replacement. Because these are not binoculars I declined the offer but with a bit of haggling and by paying a very small amount towards a replacemnt the SGC have replaced them a pair of bushnell fusion binos. :D

So if anyone is still being told they can be repaired I suggest you chase them up.

Archived