More paint.

A nice ruger i,ve jusr rebarrelled and bedded/painted in .220 swift of all things. British DPM and satin laquer.

IMG_0561.jpg

Also an AICS folder that is destined for my .260 Valkyrie. This is multicam [or one of the variants of it ] the picture doesn,t do it justice, there are six different colours in there, and various shades. Its very subtle in parts.

IMG_0567.jpg

Satin laquered again.

Very sweet work there mate, I like. You did the painting yourself ?

Yes Fergal, i do all my own work. I have a purpose built sprayshop, with sandblaster, beadblaster, and baking facilities. You cant do the duracoat properly without them. Otherwise it comes off.

Yes Fergal, i do all my own work. I have a purpose built sprayshop, with sandblaster, beadblaster, and baking facilities. You cant do the duracoat properly without them. Otherwise it comes off.

Nice to see the new camera being put to use.

Cracking job on the AICs stock

Dave

What's wrong with just plain NATO green?

Just because you can doesn't mean that you should.

I can understand the BR guys having bling bling air brushed paint jobs on their custom built "hotrods". But just can't see the appeal of paint daubed stocks on anything else. its a bit like putting a full body kit and a big bore exhaust on a BL Metro Clubman.

No offence it just how I see it.

I dont understand the rational that a guy who does BR shooting would want his rifle to look good and be proud of it yet a hunter shouldn't?

Dave

Dave

What's wrong with just plain NATO green?

Just because you can doesn't mean that you should.

I can understand the BR guys having bling bling air brushed paint jobs on their custom built "hotrods". But just can't see the appeal of paint daubed stocks on anything else. its a bit like putting a full body kit and a big bore exhaust on a BL Metro Clubman.

No offence it just how I see it.

Quite simple Malc. The dpm stock is a customers, a gamekeeper actually. The AICS is mine, for my own rifle, my own action , etc. Its a showpiece for work i do, so it has to be fancy. Personally, i,m not a huge fan of multicam, but its the "in " pattern at the moment, and people want it.

I actually have over 30 "greens" in stock. :D

Dave

One lends itself to bling and fancy paint work with all the polish and the others doesn't.

How can I explain it better? Its a bit like putting 21" chrome wheels and low profile tyres on a Rangie and then trying to take it across the fields lamping rabbits after a week of rain. Pointless! Its purely cosmetic anyway. Unlike when you get a cracking bit of walnut used on a traditional stock, where its the natural beauty of the wood that makes the thing look exceptional.

Like I said no offence intended. Its just the way I see it.

I see you have a completely different perspective on life to me. Using your 4x4 analogy I have had 2 spanking new 4x4s from Land rover over the years and I prided my self on the fact I took them off road and used them for what they were designed for. A Grade 1 stock will work just as well as a grade 5 but if I had the cash spare I would have the grade 5 every time.

It would be a dull place if we al lived the same life!!

Dave

Nice to see you're multi-tasking there Dave. I expect you do a nice line in pasties and loaves wi' nowt tekken owt :lol:

I can see it now 'Big Daves Rifle and Pasty Parlour' :P

ATB

G

:lol::lol:

You dont know how close you are to the truth there G :lol:

The oven is a very complicated bakers oven made for baking all the fancy pastries etc.

Of course, the only thing it ever saw up north......was PIES ! :lol:

Archived