archer nv users

Offroad Gary

currently got mine on the back of a swaro pvi2 high grid 6 - 24 x 50, seems pretty good although a bit much scope for dedicated night vision setup (scope set forward). anyone using something cheaper? been told a leupold 4.5 - 14 x 50 might be jsut the job or nikon/bushnell.

feedback appreciated

cheers

just sold my leupold for a nightforce and is alot better with the nightvision, the best i've tried so far with the archer. ive got a firnd with a s&b pm2 i'd like to try it with. why don't you try a adjustable length off pull type off stock or a rubber slip on.

atb matt

The AGS Swat is supposed to be very compatible with add on NV, it's also pretty cheap.

give that man a lolly-as ELWOOD STATES THE ags swat 4-16-56 mil dot is superb for add-on.i have one on my .17rem with gen111 addon idont use the illuminated reticle as this would burn the tube-this gives a clear field of view and a excellant focus on the mil dot thats the secret to add on being able to focus the reticle through the nv.the scope is not a heavy weight either compared to a NF or S+B.

as for other scopes i tried the bushnell 3-12-44[4200 i think]and that was very good but a bit pricey same went for the nf i tried my add on with my nf scope but the weight put me off and not enough low mag.you need a scope to be at least 3mag at the low end and dont need more than 6-8.

the ags cost me £189.00 from sportsmans so if it gets marked or knocked i aint bothered.

i have just bought a vortek 3.5-10-50 for £350 nib and will try this at some point this also has a mil-dot.

my conclusions-geta ags if you can or bushnell but low mag -mil-dot, non illuminated second hand if you can spending big bucks doesnt get you any further .leupold are not very good for nv add-on imho.

hope this helps you.

Archived