Moderated Hornet

nicholiath

I left the barrel at standard 22" length so no change there, if anything it seems to have tightened groups slightly, could this be due to extra weight stabilising the rifle? As for sound suppression, nothing scientific but seems only slightly louder than my mates moderated HMR.

I left the barrel at standard 22" length so no change there, if anything it seems to have tightened groups slightly, could this be due to extra weight stabilising the rifle? As for sound suppression, nothing scientific but seems only slightly louder than my mates moderated HMR.

Sweet.~Andrew

• 6 months later...

I think my hornet might be quieter than my HMR was with a SAK though its using a t8 presently off my .243. This is with RWS factory 46 grn loads though traveling at 2540 fps, it sound worse with the 35 grn Hornady factory but only slightly. When my dies arrive i will realy see what can be done with it :)

When you wind the velocity up the disturbance that the bullet creates seems to make it slightly louder. I recon that's why the factory Hornady is louder than the RWS.

I use an Ase S5 on mine but by far the best mod I've heard on a .22 centrefire is a Pes.

Archived