I am looking for a new lieca range finder 900 or above looking for one that will do both yards and meters any one seen any i can only find one or the other.

They are not switchable, so it is one or the other.

I went for yards seeing most shooting related stuff seems to be imperial.

Yes the older one is the model you are after. That is the one that you hold horizontal like a pair of bins as opposed to the new one which is used vertical in your hand. Inside the battery cover there is a switch so it is dead easy to go from one to the other. I have the 1200 version and can't fault it. Only issue I have had is the pouch soon gets raggy if you are stalking and crawling about.

I am looking for a new lieca range finder 900 or above looking for one that will do both yards and meters any one seen any i can only find one or the other.

The new rangefinder from Leica is the CRF and comes in 900 and 1200 variants - they are preset in either yards or meters.

The older LRF can be found in 800 (early model) 900 and 1200, it can be switched between yards and meters by removing the battery cover and turning a switch.

'ope this 'elps

Rup

Have a look at the new CRF 1600 .. looks as tho that is switchable ..

full of other bits too .. but around £600 !!!

Seem similar spec to thhe Zeiss Prf .. but a wad n a bit cheaper.

Both have gizzies and things ... not sure just how valuable the balistic prog are??

Hopefully someone who's used them will shoout ... ?

Archived