pillars for raising comb on my stock

Snowz

I want to raise the comb on my stock Mc Millan Remy Varmint stock to get a better cheek weld, since i have a 20MOA rail and medium mounts it pushed the height up and my cheek weld isn't the best and i want a better one.

where can i get some pillars to bed into the stock and i also understand that the inside of the stock will need filling so what do i need to fill it, could i use bedding compound??

i think Baldie could advise on this as i want to do what you have done to that rifle on your web page under the duracoat section

any help appreciated

thanks Richard

Richard,

The gun on the web page came with the cheekpiece adjustment built in. Mac,s and other similar stocks without an adjustable cheekpiece, should be left that way. The stock skin, is so thin, if you try and cut a cheekpiece out of it, it will more than likely bugger it completely. To be honest, if someone came in the shop and asked for it doing, i would turn it down. Not worth the risk, and the man hours involved would make it non cost effective. Sell the stock you have, especially as it isn,t bedded yet, and get one with the system built in already.Or change your mounts for some lower ones.Maybe try an eagle stockpack, they have quite a bit of padding. Riflecraft stock them i think.

Richard,

The gun on the web page came with the cheekpiece adjustment built in. Mac,s and other similar stocks without an adjustable cheekpiece, should be left that way. The stock skin, is so thin, if you try and cut a cheekpiece out of it, it will more than likely bugger it completely. To be honest, if someone came in the shop and asked for it doing, i would turn it down. Not worth the risk, and the man hours involved would make it non cost effective. Sell the stock you have, especially as it isn,t bedded yet, and get one with the system built in already.Or change your mounts for some lower ones.Maybe try an eagle stockpack, they have quite a bit of padding. Riflecraft stock them i think.

Hi Dave,

was just thinking it might be easier/better to sell my stock on and buy an adjustable one instead, i did think of an adjustable stock A3/A5 when having it built but liked the stock as i had one on my 223 before but now with rail and mounts it pushed the height up a little bit out of 100% comfortable cheek weld already have an Eagle cheek piece fitted

whats a secondhand McMillan Rem Varmint stock worth??

is this the one in the picturte on your site? adj stock

cheers Richard

Archived