Foxing while home.

Barrelsniffer

While home ive been upto wales twice and only managing to see one and shooting that one fox...no pic no camera

I was then up at a friends shooting ground mike whos in pic below up in sedbergh cumbria to try and get a few fox,we seen 5 and shot 2 the other 3 were way out of range.

DSCN2249.jpg

DSCN2253.jpg

Then on wednesday after a lot of thought due to the weather i was up in whitehaven area again in cumbria we seen quite a lot on this night at least 15 fox spotted..i did miss 2 and put these down to shooting of the sticks while on hard frozen ground so binned the sticks and used freehand and bipod of bonnet and managed to get 7 fox one fox although shot when me and the keeper gary climbed over the fence to find it still alive i then had jump back over the fence to the vehicle for the rifle then head back over the fence to finish it off only to find the fox running with only its front legs..away before i could finish with a safe shot..it how i do not know get through a small wire fence then across a dirst track through a heavily densed wood out running me to the other side of the wood to a railway track where i lost it..tried for 40 min to locate it with no joy..was heavily wounded...wouldnt of lasted the night

Below are the 6 other we shot that night closest shot was 25yds and longest shot was one fox sat on a stone wall at 326 yds which would not come in,freehand shot to the neck.

1st pic night they were shot, 2nd pic morn after with gary the keeper.

DSCN2271.jpg

DSCN2288.jpg

Mick

Sedbergh eh ? Shooting foxes in the lunesdale country....tut tut Mick.... :D

They have proper, big, straight necked foxes up there. I,ve hunted many a happy day there, and seen the finest fell hunting this country has to offer. No pack of hounds flies like the lunesdale.

Nice shooting Mick, you take it steady, and keep your head down when you go back. ;)

Bloody hell Mick, he must be over run with the bloody things???

You really had a good night,, it must be all the practice that you are getting????

Take care mate,, Darrel ;)

Cheers guys and yes darrel was quite a lot spotted which were either not safe or out of range..but still a great night and looking forward to my next trip.

Mick

Is that a new NV I spotted on one of your set-ups?

We have had a bumper year with bassil so far. Lets hope the sport keeps up.

Not new mate had these a few yrs now they are on tikka US gen 3 D-760 and on the anshutz US gen 3 D-740 .. 760 is x6 and 740 is x4. bought from the states a few yrs back...also have a D-740 on my 22 rimmy.

Looking forward to getting home again in feb..3 weeks just isnt long enough is it... ;)

Mick

Archived