S&B Klassik 4-16x50

Toby

Hi, I was just wondering if any board members have any experience with this scope. I am mainly looking at the varmint reticle or the nr 4 but dont know how big the nr 4 would get at 16X mag. Use would be long range fox and corvid and targets.How would it compare to a Nightforce?

Thanks Toby.

Hi, I was just wondering if any board members have any experience with this scope. I am mainly looking at the varmint reticle or the nr 4 but dont know how big the nr 4 would get at 16X mag. Use would be long range fox and corvid and targets.How would it compare to a Nightforce?

Thanks Toby.

Toby,

I don't know the price difference, but if that's anywhere near 4-16 PM2 cost, then I'd recommend taking the extra step and getting one of those with a P4F....and never look back. :)

Another vote for the PM2 4-16 P4F FFP, crystal clear optics and a fantastic reticle, I had a second focal plane Swaro before and wasn't sure if the reticle in FFP would be fine enough, it is great for long distance targets on full mag but is still good for foxing with the mag wound down.

Cheers

Neil

There is a lot of difference to the PM11 price. I have 2 4-16 classics one with the no 9 reticle which is ok and even at full mag only covers up a tiny amount as the centre circle and crosshair is finer than std, In the other I have a fine wire reticle made by S&B for my needs ( quickly too)which is finer than the no 9 by a small amount and has no ring or duplex wires, the only draw back is that one is limited to 243 cal max ( or wire may break), as its on the 17Rem and was on the 22-250 that is not an issue for me. For a bit extra they can supply a ground glass reticle of any size ( which is what the Varmint one is)but you would find the fine varmint reticle too fine, its bad to see in good daylight and impossible at night, which is why I got a special.

The Varmint reticle is made for our cousins across the pond to shoot prairie dogs at 5-700 yds in daylight.

Either the no9 std or a custom reticle will come in much cheaper than the PM11 scope and the reticle is more useful than the tactical one. At todays prices the PM11 is nearly £ 600 more, a reticle change is about 90 euros abit more for the glass special, but not that much more. Mine covers up 1.1mm with the line at 100mtrs and the no 9 about 1.3 mm.

Redfox

Archived