Stoney Point Rapid Pivot Bi-pod

I have not had this stoney point rapid pivot bi-pod long(only had it since friday ), but first impressions are very good. This kit was suggested by Tommy Trucker, and after his comments on it i took the plunge and got one.

Now the first thing about this bi-pod is the rapid attachment system, this is not on your rifle all the time you just fit it on when needed. It only weighs a few ounces also so it will not add any weight to your rifle.

stoneypointbi-pod012.jpg

Rifle attachment. These can be purchased as extra items so you can fit them to all your rifle's.

stoneypointbi-pod008.jpg

The attachment fits onto your exsisting rifle sling swivel(very secure) and the bi-pod pushes on to the rifle attachment and is held in place via two sprung loaded ball bearings, then when not required you pull it off and put it in a secure pocket. The legs can be extended, these are the twist lock system and are smooth and lock into postion well.

With the extra fittings it takes seconds to attach it from one rifle to the next

stoneypointbi-pod003.jpg

stoneypointbi-pod004.jpg

stoneypointbi-pod011.jpg

stoneypointbi-pod010.jpg

IMG00041.jpg

17hmr008.jpg

I used this for the first time on Sunday, and it has given me extra confidence while shooting prone.

The Y piece is made from a soft rubber so you can open the legs up and get your sight picture, for uneven terrain. I managed to bag two crows using this bi-pod at 107 yards.

I have the extra attachments on my .222,.270 and have one for when i collect my .17hmr, i also have one for my .22rimmy but this has a very old sling attachment so it will not fit unless i change the swivels.

I know this is not long to have an item and then to do a review, but i am impressed and will report back with more info in the next few weeks.

glad to hear u r happy with your bi pod now all you need is the large sticks. i have the bipod in my pocket and carry the large sticks when out stalking/lamping

the dogs wotsists thats wot these r :rolleyes: pan tilt swivel and adjustable legs wot more could you want

Guest Smeagle

Yeah thanks mate, the credit card has just taken a beating. ;) Ordered a couple directly from the web site see how they shape up, if they are no good, you know who will get the blame. ;)

Yeah thanks mate, the credit card has just taken a beating. ;) Ordered a couple directly from the web site see how they shape up, if they are no good, you know who will get the blame. ;)

yeah kip270 ;):lol::lol::lol:

I am now waiting to receive my stoney point bi pod from cabelas after seeing tt's while out shooting on his ground , look a bit more versatile and lighter than the harris

Guest Smeagle

Got a nice email from Stoney Point telling me to bugger off and go to the agent. :lol: So they have my order now instead. Not real helpful these Yanks are they. :lol:

Guest Smeagle

Anyway these doberries have arrived and after five minutes I now have them fully installed. Pretty impressed by them I am too.

Alternative to Harris, nope Harris is the alternative to these little puppies.

Fully recommended and thanks Kip.

• 1 month later...

Dont know the weight(verry light) but i know fiting one in a suitcase would be no problem at all,i have replaced my harris with one

• 2 years later...
whats the long term conclusion on these kip please?

Well to say that they are the best bit of kit i have purchased would be an understatement, i have the attachments on my .17hmr/.222 & my .270. I couldn't fit it to my .22 rim as the sling attachment is of an old type.

The only thing you can't do with it is to shoot off a vehicle's roof or bonnet, because of the yolk system the legs splay open on a smooth surface, but i'm in the process of rigging something up so the legs will only open so far, but this is just when out lamping in a vehicle.

They are very light and easy to deploy in seconds.

I carry them in a belt holster, along with my range finder, so they are always to hand.

I'm looking at buying another one soon.

• 1 year later...

i have the both sets prone & standing very light and easy to use,as for using on bonnet or roof, i have drilled a small hole in each leg (prone) and attachted a piece of cord through (about 6 inches)to stop the legs slipping,works fine

ps a mate is selling both setts prone and standing + attachments £90 posted

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived