Hi Dave

I've tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

I was interested to find out the options for fitting a rail / red dot to my Benelli Super Black Eagle to use for shooting slugs on the range? Also do you stock the true glo slug sights?

Thanks

Rich

Hi Dave

I've tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

I was interested to find out the options for fitting a rail / red dot to my Benelli Super Black Eagle to use for shooting slugs on the range? Also do you stock the true glo slug sights?

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

I seem to be having inbox problems despite clearing some out recently.

Its a long time since i handled a black eagle, but i,m sure something can be done regarding a rail.

I keep a very nice set of williams truglo type slug sights in that are meant for splatting turkeys...about £35 i think.

Give me a bell for a natter. ;)

Hi Rich,

I seem to be having inbox problems despite clearing some out recently.

Its a long time since i handled a black eagle, but i,m sure something can be done regarding a rail.

I keep a very nice set of williams truglo type slug sights in that are meant for splatting turkeys...about £35 i think.

Give me a bell for a natter. ;)

Ok Dave i'll drop you a call tomorrow

Thanks

Rich

Dave, if you don't mind me asking what is the ball park figure for a Slugster modded to the spec of Roger's? We are just atarting a little PSG at our range and as I have other projects to finish, I want an expensive FAC PSG.

PM if you'd rather not post details :)

No such thing as an inexpensive slugster anymore Mike. People are paying good money for what is a classic shotgun. If you manage a genuine slugster for less than £250 you have done well. Folk used to give them away....not anymore. The go faster parts are relatively cheap however.

Chaps,

Just out of interest more than anything once you have got your semiautopumpactionmasterblasterrambo shotty can you use slugs on any private land to practice with or are they a range item only?

The reason I ask is many years ago I remember buying Brenneke (spelling?) slugs and you just shoved them into standard cartridge, probably wrecked the gun but good fun.

Andy

A right can of worms that buddy. :lol:

If you have slug on your ticket for target shooting, then you most likely will have the condition" Over a course of fire approved by a qualified member of the UKPSA on land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot".

That means that anyone who has done the ukpsa basic safety course is a "qualified person".It also means you can use it on private land, if you sanction the course of fire, as shotgun cof,s do not have to be on an approved range, they can be used anywhere with permission.

The ukpsa caveat is not legal, and a great bone of contention with shotgunners...its just the damned home office again.

Not sure exactly how the land lies regarding slug on ticket for quarry, as i dont know anyone with it on for such. I would imagine there would be a condition allowing its use for "zeroing".

Guest richness

You rapidly get used to the "grunt" Matt. Especially from such a lightweight gun as an M2. For the first couple of weeks of owning mine...i nearly sold it again, because i felt it kicked too much. It didn,t...it kicked "differently" due to it being recoil operated.

It also depends on what slug you fired. Cheddite and pmc are hunting slugs, and way more powerful than the target loads like S+B, Geco, Rottweil, etc. These shoot just the same as a normal shotshell.

If you try this stuff through a gas opped gun, its a lot smoother still....but everyone knows only men shoot benelli's the rest are faggot guns. :lol:

Do you find the comfort-tech stock helps baldie? i have one on mine but it is a clay gun really so not tested on slugs. What about the aftermarket limb-saver replacement buttpad? I always use them on cf as i feel it keeps recoil straight and down, if you see what i mean

A right can of worms that buddy. :lol:

If you have slug on your ticket for target shooting, then you most likely will have the condition" Over a course of fire approved by a qualified member of the UKPSA on land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot".

That means that anyone who has done the ukpsa basic safety course is a "qualified person".It also means you can use it on private land, if you sanction the course of fire, as shotgun cof,s do not have to be on an approved range, they can be used anywhere with permission.

The ukpsa caveat is not legal, and a great bone of contention with shotgunners...its just the damned home office again.

Not sure exactly how the land lies regarding slug on ticket for quarry, as i dont know anyone with it on for such. I would imagine there would be a condition allowing its use for "zeroing".

Dave

Thats exactly how my slug is conditioned. I assumed, wrongly, that that meant I could only use them on a range or at a UKPSA shoot. I also have the condition as follows "The solid slug ammunition to which this certificate relates may also be used for the emergency humane dispatch of sick and injured Animals"

So whilst they are not on on there specifically for any particular type of quarry I can use them for humane dispatch. I'm pretty sure that some guys I've spoken to have them conditioned for boar.

BTW, sorry I didn't get chance to call you today, had a busy day! I'll give you a call early next week ;)

Rich

Archived