Anyone use a 223 AI chambered rifle ?

Barrelsniffer

A friend of mine has an AR chambered in ackley , Mick. Not a lot of advantage, apart from he can put just that little bit more behind a 77 grain SMK.

Does it translate downrange ? Doesn,t make a bit of difference to a pr gun.

A friend of mine has an AR chambered in ackley , Mick. Not a lot of advantage, apart from he can put just that little bit more behind a 77 grain SMK.

Does it translate downrange ? Doesn,t make a bit of difference to a pr gun.

I agree with baldie , mick.

Even with the Acklyized version, there not enough case capacity over the standard 223 rem to make all the effort worth while.

You will probably only gain an extra 140 fps with a heavy bullet , Just not worth the effort IMO

ATB

Alan

So what about .223 WSSM ? Is there a real advantage say to 600 yds & beyond over the standard .223 Rem ?

Target Sports did something on the WSSMs a while back. General gist was that they weren't worth bothering with.

Also a funny sized bolt face. Difficult to find and then sell rifle, limited choice, brass...

I love how the .223 WSSM and .223 Rem sound so similar (well they've both got .223 in the name) despite not being at all. .375 H&H and .375 Cheytac anyone...

I personally wouldn't bother improving a .223 Rem other than purely for the sake of reloading interest or having something a bit different. If I wanted more poke from a .224 bullet I'd get a .22-250 or a .22BR (.473 bolt faces).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived