new rifle from UK GUNWORKS

Snowz

Picked this up off Chris Friday before last, since then i have been load testing the fire forming rounds and even managed to christen it on 2 unlucky foxes Friday night

rifle spec is

- customized 260 AI on a Remmy 700 Blue printed action, Border barrel 1/8 twist, McMillan Hunter stock, Third eye sound mod,Third eye 20MOA rail,Third eye Rings and Third eye bolt knob, Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 scope

8a2e6ef8.jpg

085a836a.jpg

260 rounds before fire formed into 260AI rounds 95 gr V max, 140gr Bergers

adf1069a.jpg

zeroed in with 5 rounds @ 100yds

260010.jpg

260 into 260AI

260015.jpg

will use this fire forming load 40.8gr Benchmark, with the 95 v max to fire form the rest of the cases,

260049.jpg

140gr Berger non VLD 40.4gr Reloader 17

Not as good a group as with the 95 V max, will tweak but good enough to use for now, also noticed a fair bit more recoil with the 140's or perhaps it was also due to the Reloader 17 powder as its known for being quite fierce :lol:

260058.jpg

260033.jpg

260035.jpg

260037.jpg

260038.jpg

went out and to zerod in on the 95gr V max and 140 Bergers, not any difference in 100yd zeros will have to try out @ 200yds to see what difference will be

95gr V max group, first shot went 1" right, so dialed over 1moa(4clicks), shot another which was 1/4" / .25moa above center, i then dialed up 1/2" / .50moa (2 clicks) and put 3 shots into a ragged hole measuring a grouping of 0.085 (0.349 hole - .264 caliber)

Not a bad group if i say so myself and still on a fire forming load, cant wait till i get the right load for the rifle sorted looks like its a shooter

823dd54d.jpg;)

Very nice looking bit of kit .Just one thing watch your neck turning you need to turn the necks into the the shoulder or you can get a build up in brass at the junction of the neck and shoulder .I hope this does not offend just i did the same thing and had some strange problems .cheers

colin

Loverly looking rifle Rich , you must be well pleased.

So is this primarily for deer or fox - Vermin - target

Or all of the above :)

ATB

Al

Hi Al,

i swapped the 223 for it so this is my primary rifle for Vermin, fox, deer and long range fun.

Thought it would be easier and cheaper to load one rifle for all my shooting than have 2/3 others that i had before

Nearly all fire formed and when done will work up a new load, test it out and work out the drops then have a bit of long range plinking fun

atb Richard

Very nice looking bit of kit .Just one thing watch your neck turning you need to turn the necks into the the shoulder or you can get a build up in brass at the junction of the neck and shoulder .I hope this does not offend just i did the same thing and had some strange problems .cheers

colin

Hi Colin,

No offense taken, i have been on all the web pages for all the 260 info i could find, most of them from the US so i know what to expect to happen and what to do when it does (hopefully) :unsure::lol:

Do you have one or had one then to know about this or are you a wise old owl :lol: any info or help on the round would be appreciated

thanks Richard

Wow...stunning looking rifle Rich..

That should nock em over.. ;)

Hi Martin,

Yes its a nice piece of kit if i do say so myself :D

just getting used to it and the trigger and fire forming, nearly all done then i can try it out properly.

got your pm will pm you later or if your nice might ring you :P

atb Richard

i used to shoot a .243ai great calibre .I now shoot a .308 ftr which is tight necked so i have to turn the necks so have to de the same work to the brass .When i shot my ai the only problems i encounted was presure signs could show very quickly with only a small amount of charge increase .3 of a grain could do it but then again i was putting 50gr of vit n160 behind a 68gr berger (3900fps) .

Weejohn, must say I have been looking at this too???? I agree it looks very poor compared to the threading on Russell Galls or Mckillop engineering examples that I have.!!You can almost cut your thumb on my rifles threads and finished edges etc.I am no machinist or engineer but do not like the look of this at all??

The actual bore/crowned area looks good however?no offense ment just an observation.

Nothing wrong with that screwcutting, I have seen it 'up close and personal'.

Threads should have flats/rounds (depending on thread type) at the crest to allow for clearance as they are designed to locate on the flanks only, maybe a bit of grease on the threads in this particular photo make it not look as good as it really is.

All edges should also be broken/chamfered, so if you can cut your fingers on your threads it

may be worthwhile getting your threading checked.

Sorry!perhaps I should have had a closer look or been a bit more thougtful in that it could have been grease or debris on the threads etc and yes it appears that I am knocking some workmanship here unjustfiably,please accept my apology and moderators would you remove the comment/post if you think fit.

Tikka-I said "almost cut cut my fingers" but I am sure you really know what I mean by that and not literally.

Sorry not been on for a while so couldn't reply to above post regarding the thread.

Its is as it should be and perhaps the picture doesn't do it justice. A little bit of copper grease on it also might not make it look right but i can assure you it looks 110% in the flesh.

No offense taken by me, will update on the developing as soon as i load up the fire formed cases

atb Richard

Archived