Poo!!! Sorry Bob had a busy weekend and have now missed out, was looking to buy these to replace my current Redding ones as hoped they are more stable and accurate? Do you know how they compare to the redding scales or are they no better??

38 minutes ago, mr fudd said:

Poo!!! Sorry Bob had a busy weekend and have now missed out, was looking to buy these to replace my current Redding ones as hoped they are more stable and accurate? Do you know how they compare to the redding scales or are they no better??

Hi Mr fudd, sorry about that , but the early bird and all that, I'm not sure how they compare to the Redding scales as never used them, but as they're only really entry level probably similar?

I upgraded to a set of rcbs 10-10 and If I remember rightly the 505 weighed powder .1 of a grain different, can't remember if that was + or - ,but if you're finding a load that shoots well that doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is the consistency of balancing out and to be honest my 10- 10s drive me nuts, but I find if you trickle powder up to line then give pan a slight tap it will level out in a different place(but not always), so I tend to always tap pan and add or take out powder. Another thing, I always set scales up with something heavy behind and on opposite end to pan so you can't accidentally move them once set.

Sorry to ramble but hope that helps

Archived