4831sc replacement

20series

I was using H4831SC for my 284, which as we know is now not available. 

My load was 55gns launching 180gn Hybrids at 2840fps

Looking at the burn rate charts Vit560 seems to be an equivalent, has anyone swapped over and can lend some advice please??

Alan

RS62 is a much better powder than N560 and it’s single based. It has very similar characteristics to H4350 my .284 loves it with 180 Hybrids, start around 51 grains and work up. Mine likes 53.4 which gives a velocity of around 2900fps

Cheers

Dave

8 hours ago, 6mmBR said:

RS62 is a much better powder than N560 and it’s single based. It has very similar characteristics to H4350 my .284 loves it with 180 Hybrids, start around 51 grains and work up. Mine likes 53.4 which gives a velocity of around 2900fps

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave. 

Have you tried RS70 in your 284...?

I tried 5 or 6 shots with 41.5grs RS62 behind the 139gr scenar on previous shoot to see how they would perform and i felt like they were a little harsh and I knew accuracy wasn't so good so I dropped the load to 41grs as the scenars seat so deep and gave them a whirl in a COF. They shot superb and this was the only load development done. 41.5grs works well with 140gr amaxs as they seat similar to the Bergers but not quite as good as the scenars yet. Just a seating depth change should sort that. See you at the top gun comp 🎅

Archived