Tract Scopes

David Hancock

• 4 months later...

Stunning.

OK, so they are not Swarovski before anyone chirps in, but neither are they Swaro prices.  I have a £1372 Delta Stryker on my 6.5cm but the top end Tract Toric UHD 4-20x50 - to give it its full name was ordered from the States on a Sunday at 21.00 and arrived in the UK on the Wednesday by 12 - and knocks the Delta into next week - which is a great scope. 

Retails at around UK £985 excluding postage.

It is on on my Sauer 100 .223.  Sublime customer service - some UK companies could learn (Many are excellent !)

Heavy but not a huge long lump.

30mm tube.  Mil / Mil matching click values.  Also available in MOA / MOA.  Schott HD glass which is so so clear, great reticle IMHO, sunshade and easy to fit zero stop and a stunning bronzey finish.

The parallax has the IL switch - on / off / on / off

The pull-up push-down locking turrets are sublime, there is the detail of a rubber o-ring in the turret allen key centre, the clicks are very precise and line up.  It tracks / ladder tests mm perfect.

The rings are so easy to use and smooth.

30 day return.  Easy USA postage and customs.

I was honestly looking at a Zeiss Z6 with ASV but in my mind it felt cheap, but the two do not compare - my view.  

The lower level Tracts are getting good feedback in the USA - Tekoa.

I took a punt after a recommendation and am very pleased.  I would equally put in on my 6.5.

I can pm pics.

I too bought a Delta Stryker, but was underwhelmed with it. It was OK, but nothing special for £1400, just another full featured Japanese scope. Obviously I wasn't expecting it to rival my Swarovski Z6, but the optics weren't actually equal to my old Zeiss Conquests which were quite a bit cheaper. I guess prices have increased quite a bit in the last few years.

I'm hoping the Schott glass in the Tract will give that 'Euro' clarity, but at a greatly reduced price.

• 3 weeks later...

My Tract 3-12x42 arrived eventually yesterday after a lot of fretting about where it gone. It was being held in UK customs and then there was the usual extortionate duty and fee to have it released.

It seems an amazing scope for the money, as the build quality is excellent and the glass very clear indeed. Tract must be pretty confident of the quality as there is a lifetime no questions warranty too. That said, I already have more scopes than rifles, so I will get around to selling it soon. I should plan my purchases more carefully!

16 hours ago, Guesty said:

My Tract 3-12x42 arrived eventually yesterday after a lot of fretting about where it gone. It was being held in UK customs and then there was the usual extortionate duty and fee to have it released.

It seems an amazing scope for the money, as the build quality is excellent and the glass very clear indeed. Tract must be pretty confident of the quality as there is a lifetime no questions warranty too. That said, I already have more scopes than rifles, so I will get around to selling it soon. I should plan my purchases more carefully!

I just had a look at their site , how do they get around ITAR regulations shipping from the states ?

33 minutes ago, Moorlander said:

I just had a look at their site , how do they get around ITAR regulations shipping from the states ?

I don't know how they do it, but I had no problems ordering. Their shipping prices are quite eye watering though.

Archived