John Carr action and rail help needed from a smith please

Dear all,

I have a rem700 short action john carr made. I have an unimount I'd like to use by unfortunately the mid section of the rail does not have the grooves. Grooves only on either end. What would be my best option inorder to be able to use the unimount. New rail from John carr or can some one machine some groves in for me please? If that is an option. It is a 20moa rail. 

Cheers

If it's a tier unmount then I just cut off and filed down the lug on the mount itself, and left the stainless rail how it is , mine is a jc rbolt l-port and has the rail as you described! If since changed to 2 piece to save weight! 

IMG_20160404_193052.jpg

IMG_20160723_203400.jpg

I have number 45. Good he has made a few. Absolute beauty you have there. I have a sphur mount. I ha d a tier one lug in the sphur would be harder to get to and if possible I would like to leave the mount with the lug as is. Thank you for the pics and suggestion. Much appreciated 

Give John a call he'll be your best option. When he makes them actions he machines the port with the rail on so that it all matches. So he would have to do the same with a new rail or depending how easy it is machine the rail. 

He is very helpful and I'm sure will sort something for you. 

I will call him in the morning. Was rather hoping someone near by could machine the rail if I could take it to them.

Thank you all for taking the time to make suggestions . 

Archived