FCSA Warminter IR2 new Rules on parking

Hello Mike here.
I understand we have some new rules regarding the 900 metre FCSA/ Offas Dyke shooting at Warminster IR2.
We used to drive in and park mid way first then pair off to the firing point or butts. The way I understand it now is we do the same, but Instead of driving to the firing point we park outside the gates and walk there with our kit. So I guess the butts party still park in the same place and on the switch round we then park out side the gates.
Hope this makes sense and i guess the reason for change was the grass getting torn up and Tyre tracks being  made due to all the rain.

Thanks Mike

That's correct Mike.  It does make a bit of a mockery to not carrying firearms within the base perimeter as we now have to to go from our cars to the firing line.  I think that the common sense way would be to drive in, park where we normally do, unload and then move the cars back inside the perimeter fence to the car park with someone supervising the unloading area.

The butts crew can park in the usual place but only if the vehicles are not in plain sight of the firing line as far as I understand it (ie shielded behind the berm).  I was with JM when it all blew up with the range Major laying the law down and lets just say a robust but polite  conversation followed during which JM requested details of the requirements in writing just so we all know exactly where we stand, now and in the future ;-)

We also now have been instructed to rake the butts sand bank after we finish, something we understood wasn't originally within the remits of our responsibilities under the range contract.

Thanks for update VarmLR I guess John will email us all outlining the new procedures. We may well have shot together then. I am normally on butts duty with Clinton Paul and a couple of South African guys

thanks for information 

mike

Gents

off OP but related, I’ve joined FCSA but yet to shoot. With them/Offas. Have shot on the IR2 but only to 600 with a different club. A couple of questions?

So from the above you park cars just in from the gate and walk with your kit to the firing points and from there to a from the butts. How often do shooters and butts swap?

If you want to shoot HME what’s the process re. Doing ‘the test’?

I believe FCSA shooters can join Offas shoots, what’s the best process to come along?

I live the opposite side of Warminster so looking to do a bit more shooting

cheers in advance

Terry

ps varmLR - you take the 45-90?

The idea I think Terry is that you park your car in the main car park (ie behind the fence) and walk with kit to the firing point.  When done, you return your kit to the cars and then drive in to the usual parking spot behind the bund to the left of the firing line, as long ass it is not in the line of fire and tucked well behind the mound, then walk up from the buildings by the pistol/short ranges to the butts.

45-90?

On 20/04/2018 at 6:30 PM, MikeUpton said:

Thanks for update VarmLR I guess John will email us all outlining the new procedures. We may well have shot together then. I am normally on butts duty with Clinton Paul and a couple of South African guys

thanks for information 

mike

I think that we might be on opposite details Mike, so likely I'll be shooting when you're in the butts.

• 3 months later...

Hi all

my understanding from what happened last time I was there is that for HME at 200m you can drive to the firing point as you can park on the road, after HME you then take your car to the car park and then carry your firearms and other associated equipment to the 900m firing point.

The only vehicle that’s allowed on the grass is JM’s as he has the first aid kit in it. Oh and there is normally only two details am and pm change over about 13.30 ish 

hth

• 2 months later...

True...but it might not be allowed once the ground gets wet and liable to be churned up by vehicles.

Archived