zeroing problem

terrierman

hi,  I have recently bought a CZ527 .17hornet.  I have tried to zero the scope but there is not enough adjustment to get it to the left.  I have changed the rings/mounts round but still end up with the same zero.   I have never had this problem before with any of the other rifles/scopes I have owned.        does anyone have any advice  ??

If it is a photon then this is pretty common.Shims or adjustable mounts are the easiest ways.However i have a cz527 which was always hard to zero,usually the windage was maxed out to get a zero.i Had that rifle re barreled a few years back and the problem was sorted.Possibly the barrel wasnt cut true?Though it shot well enough.

hi,   if it's of any help the scope is a new Rudolf vh 6-24x50,  the mounts are recommended for cz rifles, they are fixed straight on to the rifle, there is no rail.   I have zeroed loads of rifles in the past but never had this problem with them.  i'm going to try another scope today and see what happens.

If you can clamp the rifle into a vice, the quick way to check scope or mount issue is to set up and mark a 20yd target with a dot at scope centre (adjust rifle to suit) and then alter elevation to see if the ret is actually moving at all.  Could either be a mount issue or a scope issue (sticking turret adjuster).  Work the scope a few times returning the windage to a mid point.  If the ret moves relative to the clicks, then you know it's a mounting issue.

hi,  thanks for all the advice.  after trying other scopes in the same mounts/rings(they all worked fine) I decided it must be the scope. I was going to return it but someone suggested turning the turrets left/right and up/down a couple of times then re center the ret. and try to zero again. i'm not sure why but it seemed to work and there is still plenty of windage both left and right.  thanks for the help.

Archived