Tyrekickers

David Hancock

Someone makes an offer on a private sale.  Asks for a best deal and RFD to RFD price.  They get the best deal as they are a UKV member.  I run around and sort it out with my RFD, nervous about shipping to Belfast and legally requiring the FAC to fill in and they disappear with no bungee courtesy.  99.9% of UKV people have honour.  I'm not going to ship a FAC  purchase to Belfast without sight of ticket (or anywhere) and someone being the big I am, pulling my chain.  I'd rather chuck the bloody thing in the bin having taken a hacksaw to it.  I now have karma !!!!!!

No idea on the details but what I can say is that he can't give you his FAC as he won't have a slot.  He needs a receipt for the firearm first and he THEN applies for a variation to the PSNI.  It will have to be shipped to his RFD - although he could I suppose buy it from a GB RFD but in any event, he must have a receipt/invoice/bill of sale before he can apply for what we in GB would call a 'slot'.

The lack of communication though is poor, particularly with the amount of work you've done.  Has he paid you for it?

6 minutes ago, Dunc said:

No idea on the details but what I can say is that he can't give you his FAC as he won't have a slot.  He needs a receipt for the firearm first and he THEN applies for a variation to the PSNI.  It will have to be shipped to his RFD - although he could I suppose buy it from a GB RFD but in any event, he must have a receipt/invoice/bill of sale before he can apply for what we in GB would call a 'slot'.

The lack of communication though is poor, particularly with the amount of work you've done.  Has he paid you for it?

That's actually an interesting point being raised here, as the Good practise guidance states that you can only agree a sale of a firearm upon proof the purchaser has authority for that firearm on his license.

In N Ireland I believe it's like Australia, where you apply for a particular firearm with a certain serial number, and the Police issue you the relevant license for it.

As far as I can see the only way id for his dealer in N Ireland to purchase it from you

good evening david,very frustrating i imagine but you are not alone ,slightly different i know but i made an agreement with a forum member to buy some bullets ,sent delivery address requested bank details to send funds and four further messages,no replies at all.if you advertise something for sale and you recieve an offer good manners say you should follow the deal though,ie if you ask some one to sell your your item they buy it ,if you advertise a sale and agree a price you should honour the deal.even on a forum like this you get chancers.good luck with your sale.

Archived