Vortex gen 2 4.5-27 what do you say

lipse

It is a weighty beast but it was never designed to be put on a light stalking rifle.

Excellent build quality and superb optics. I am very happy with mine, particularly as i was lucky enough to buy one before the price hike.

I have one for sale if you check the for sale section mate. I'm asking £1700. As for the scope .. I've tried a fair few of the best ones .. I've had the 624i and pm ii and personally I like the vortex the best mainly because of the reticle.. when you get to these high end optics there is so little difference. I'm switching to a nightforce atacr next just to try it as I love experimenting with different optics .. definitely a little heavy but for the money you really can not beat them

Hello everybody i have an oppertunity to buy vortex gen 2 4.5-27 , what do you think about it ?

I looked closely at this scope with a view to buying one. I also had the opportunity to test one in the field against its close competitors with Mr Utting and Sisnipe

I decided not to get one . Here are my observations

The scope is un-necessarily heavy and looks like a giant on rifles that are not equally as big

The reticule - is very odd and I could not get on with this at all. it doesn't have an actual aim point - it has an "Open Centre" that you "frame the target"

I found this quite annoying and a less precise way of aiming. I also should mention that the brackets got in the way of the surrounding target.

See link http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/web_manual_ret-rzr-hd_gen2_ebr-2c-42705-13a_moa.pdf

Great optics. Got one about 2 years ago, 1500 on offer or there abouts.

Can't fault it on any count, its heavy like everyone says but they seem bomb proof, and the warranty is great not that I have used it.

UKSF wouldn't be trailing them if they weren't up to the job.

Oli

P.s. Ignore the profile name, no affiliation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived